Anyone using Nostromo n52 SpeedPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Ho

Jan 17, 2002
jasonho.clubsnap.org
Just wondering if anyone is using this?

26-169-003-02.JPG

I am thinking of buying this for game (MMORPG) purpose . Just like to get some feedback regarding its

1) Weight - Is it stable enough with your hands on it?
2) Keys Mapping - is it easy to do key mapping in game ?
3) Grip & comfort - Is it comfortable resting your palm on it for more than 30 mins

before I spend some money on this Xmas present for myself ;p

Thanks!

This product has been out in the market for really long.. I have the Nostromo N30 =P I'm not sure bout the N52, but the ergonomics of the N30 isn't that great compared to modern game mouses cause of it's small size..

The N52 is actually more suited for FPS games..

din see tis...

1 word... waste money... lol...

its practically useless, rather get a better keyboard with quick keys. cos once u are accustomed to keyboard, its hard to switch over to tis.

Hi, regret the delayed response due to uncontrollable circumstances, but if you're still looking for an Xmas present, you could consider this toy:

http://www.chproducts.com/shop/page2.html

The Multi Function Panel is fully customizable and you can put the keys ANYWHERE in ANY configuration. The product comes with 25 keys and you can buy another 25 more keys for a total of 50 keys.

The only downside is that it is quite expensive - in Singapore they sell for almost $400.

26-169-003-02.JPG

I am thinking of buying this for game (MMORPG) purpose . Just like to get some feedback regarding its

3) Grip & comfort - Is it comfortable resting your palm on it for more than 30 mins

Thanks!

Hi, regret the delayed response due to uncontrollable circumstances, but if you're still looking for an Xmas present, you could consider this toy:

http://www.chproducts.com/shop/page2.html

The Multi Function Panel is fully customizable and you can put the keys ANYWHERE in ANY configuration. The product comes with 25 keys and you can buy another 25 more keys for a total of 50 keys.

The only downside is that it is quite expensive - in Singapore they sell for almost $400.

Wow its nice but definitely out of my budget.

Anyway I bought the n52. Response is good and it takes me 2-3 days to get used (placing my hand on it instead of keyboard) to it.

;)

Heh, yea I'm struggling with myself to justify buying that for about 6 months already :p

How's the n52? :) Seems like you find its good :p

What games do you run it on?

Wow its nice but definitely out of my budget.

Anyway I bought the n52. Response is good and it takes me 2-3 days to get used (placing my hand on it instead of keyboard) to it.

;)

Heh, yea I'm struggling with myself to justify buying that for about 6 months already :p

How's the n52? :) Seems like you find its good :p

What games do you run it on?

I play Ultima Online. Instead of the usual Ctrl-Shift-Alt + alphnumeric or function keys, my macro keys now all on the n52. So much faster. But I must say that its take me quite a while to get use to it.

26-169-003-02.JPG

Thanks!

what does this do hicky do?

Ah I see, for me I'm playing Dota.

What I found to be good and affordable, and not having to own one more device, is the Logitech G15 (old version). The old version has 18 keys that are capable of macros as well, with an LCD screen for added functions. These 18 keys are in addition to the usual QWERTY keyboard and numeric keypad. Of course however, they are arranged in a simple rectangular format, and not really layout-ed in a "HAND" format like this n52.

The new version of the G15 is lousier, with only, I think 6 macro keys or something.

I play Ultima Online. Instead of the usual Ctrl-Shift-Alt + alphnumeric or function keys, my macro keys now all on the n52. So much faster. But I must say that its take me quite a while to get use to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.