anyone using macbook pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Mar 17, 2002
north
Visit site
hi,

i am thinking of getting a macbook pro, 15inch 2.4ghz model. would like to hear any comments form any users out there. also, i have heard ppl mentioning that the macbook pro gets pretty hot when in use. is it very bad? thanks

I bought my MBP abt 1.5 years ago and it's serving me well. Loving it!

Have to admit it does get warmer than other notebooks coz of the alum casing. But unless you are doing continuous and long periods of typing, it should be okay. Just don't think about it ;)

Hope this helps :)

No regrets for me. After the switch, I hv no more interest in Vista anymore. Cut down lots of temptations during pc shows.:D

its hot because of a faulty graphics processing unit as announced by nivdia, had the same issue as u as whether to buy or not.. just wait a while, a new one is coming out although a first gen will tend to have some problems, but i rather have some problems that can be solved than have the faulty GPU which is attached to the motherboard and have a hot laptop with many issues.. yup, a new line of "macbook pro" like notebooks are coming out.. SOON SOON! exciting

its hot because of a faulty graphics processing unit as announced by nivdia, had the same issue as u as whether to buy or not.. just wait a while, a new one is coming out although a first gen will tend to have some problems, but i rather have some problems that can be solved than have the faulty GPU which is attached to the motherboard and have a hot laptop with many issues.. yup, a new line of "macbook pro" like notebooks are coming out.. SOON SOON! exciting

does that means that any laptop with nivda GPu will also have heat problems? thanks

if you can, do wait a couple months as Apple is more than likely to roll out better MacBooks and MacBook Pros
and definitely without the faulty overheating gfx cards that has plagued a lot of us
they'll probably be cheaper too

rumours are Apple's announcing something big this coming 9 Sept ;)

but i think it's safe to say they'll definitely be rolling out new machines for a wonderful Christmas

Ya I was told that there will be an announcement on 9 sep from apple. I am thinking of getting the mbp 15 too and am now waiting for the 9 sep to see what is the new model like.

thanks guys. i shall wait then...since it is like 8 dayz from now.

Using one, yes, it's very hot. But so far, after 1 year plus, still working very well. In fact, my OS X hasn't hanged once... so I dun even know how to hard reboot if one ever come. :thumbsup:

quite true... i dunno how to hard reboot my macbook too lol

Puny people! :bsmilie:

I've had my PowerBook G4 since early 2005 and it goes to 64 degrees C at the CPU bottom (iStat Menus is great!) and the machine is never a problem, as long as the fans keep going.

The original MacBook Pro (Core Duo) models were actually cooler than the PowerBook models they replaced. A few of those had the thermal grease applied incorrectly resulting in hotter than hot machines.

If the new MacBook/MacBook Pro models with new case designs are coming, it'll probably be after the 9 September event, but the French show is sometime in September also.

Status
Not open for further replies.