Anyone using Epson P-2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
Thinking of getting one as a general multipurpose gadget, mp3, mass storage for jpg/RAW straight from CF card, avi movies.

Care to share your hands-on experience from existing/ex-owner? :)

And just browse through Creative.com web site discover that, there is a new generation Portable media player going to release soon, and the spec looks sweet! :bigeyes:
http://www.creative.com/products/pmp

What's you guys opinion?
Any advanced tips that it gonna release in this coming Comex show?

All inputs about such all-in-one gadget are welcome.

Cheers!

Ahh... the Epson P2000. I swear I saw it at SLS, Storage Studio. Level... 4 backlane, I think. :)

Din go in ask how much though. If I wanna ask how much, the next thing would be card-out, buy-buy-buy. :D

hahaha... I hope I can wait till Creative's Zen Vision.. their spec looks the same, but Creative one support DivX movie format... :D

Though this could be just a software upgrade by Epson if they intend to compete that as well... anyway... from the US web pricing.. seems that Creative's one more affordable :think:

Read lots of complaints slow transfer rate on Ipod & belkin's camera link adapter, so... gonna to drop it from the list for the moment :(

I am thinking of getting the Epson P2000 too. Might consider the Creative Zen Vision if it is available soon, especially if the price difference is significant, seeing that it has more features and accessories (like the AV cable) than the Epson. Maybe it would be available at Comex with promotional free gifts? ;p

ST_sg said:
Thinking of getting one as a general multipurpose gadget, mp3, mass storage for jpg/RAW straight from CF card, avi movies.

Care to share your hands-on experience from existing/ex-owner? :)

And just browse through Creative.com web site discover that, there is a new generation Portable media player going to release soon, and the spec looks sweet! :bigeyes:
http://www.creative.com/products/pmp

What's you guys opinion?
Any advanced tips that it gonna release in this coming Comex show?

All inputs about such all-in-one gadget are welcome.

Cheers!

ever played extensively with the Epson, feels reliable and well built. classy.

why do i get the funny feel the Creative one looks like a cross breed betw a Sony and a Apple design team!..:sweatsm:

but going by the usual way Sim does his things ("More is Better!")..think the Creative one possibly offer a wider range of features eventually..though I know for sure the Epson (esp Battery) is tested and proven.

ohoh something impt (to me least) is i deliberately tested if the Epson Screen is scratchproof..cant confirm but i very very acutely aware..it is highly scratch resistant. (and i know for sure someone will ask, no its the raw standard toy without film protection as yet)

...alrady i can see FM Radio and Mic on the Creative Zen' demo screen..

oh bad news maybe, you need adapter card for all other cards (what?) except CF.

P2000 has a very decent LCD screen for picture viewing but the mp3 standard just so so.

Own an Archos Gmini400, happily with it. ;)

Epson P2000 also the same. Can read CF and SD only and will need a multi-card CF adapter for other formats.

hafele said:
P2000 has a very decent LCD screen for picture viewing but the mp3 standard just so so.

Own an Archos Gmini400, happily with it. ;)
Can the Archos be used to copy/backup over image files from digital cameras like Epson and Creative?

This gadget is tough. Had it clipped to my belt using the supplied case and it so durable and solid. Not even a scratch even after sleeping in the bus for 3 (10hrs) journeys out of instanbul and the battery life is just superb although viewing images can be a tad slow but the main function is backup the memory card and to verify that the shot are keepers.

I reccommend this gadget as a MUST HAVE!!!

Bought mine from LORDS @ Lucky Plaza.

Kef :cheers: Epson P2000

then confirmed thats it. it IS a proven product.

Zen Vision is great for the price. If Creative designs a "SD/MMC reader in a CF card",
then ZV will capture the hearts of the SD/MMC card users.

wah... tough choice leh...

P-2000 vs Zen Vision :dunno:

Hope this coming Comex and have a quick feel of it ;p

I owned the P2000 for two months. Sold it away cuz I was thinking of getting the Creative vision zen.

Reasons:
1) the creative Zen vision cost less US$399
2) it is MUCH lighter and smaller. The P2000 is like 50% heavier.
3) the MP3 playback should be better since its from creative, and epson mp3 not very good
4) the video codec support should be better. the P2000 hard to encode video. and sometimes the framerate not constant.

Basically, it is a no brainer decision for me as the creative is cheaper and looks better on specs.

One thing though, does the Creative one support MAC? hopefully it does, just to transfer files.

oh if you have the money, you might want consider the sony u8g at $2300. higher res and bigger screen. And it runs windows XP :)

One important thing to note if you're a digital photographer....the Creative only support JPEG. The Epson, on the other hand, allows you to view RAW files.

Also the Epson initially allowed you to view image files up to 8.9 megapixels. I think with the new firmware upgrade, you can view pictures up to to 12 or 13 megapixels. Creative did not give any specification to image file limitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.