anyone using Emoblitz flash??

Status
Not open for further replies.
got mine from AP ..cost not more than $60. a very good flash indeed. sorry..newbies not allowed to attach sample pics leh... :what:

"You may not post attachments"

BTW when can one start to attach pics ah??

rogersk8ter said:
got mine from AP ..cost not more than $60. a very good flash indeed. sorry..newbies not allowed to attach sample pics leh... :what:

You can't attach pics but you can hotlink them to your post using a webhost (such as imagestation) or CS's very own gallery.

rogersk8ter said:

eh bro can you like adjust the power of the flash? If too strong then can like reduce the power make it not so bright? tried on a canon 420 speedlite, damn powerful, but then background overexposed if take indoor pics...

snapMan said:
eh bro can you like adjust the power of the flash? If too strong then can like reduce the power make it not so bright? tried on a canon 420 speedlite, damn powerful, but then background overexposed if take indoor pics...

Cannot adjust the power. but why do you need to manual adjust the power?? the flash has a sensor to sense and adjust power base on the lighting condition rite?

rogersk8ter said:
Cannot adjust the power. but why do you need to manual adjust the power?? the flash has a sensor to sense and adjust power base on the lighting condition rite?

cos the canon speedlite i tried blew out the background of the indoor shots since its fully ettl and auto, so the camera cannot tell it how powerful to fire. Thats y i scared the emoblitz will have same problem since cannot seem to adjust power setting lah. :sweat:

i thought you are able to manually adjust aperture and iso value to tweak the power of the flash?
by the way, you bounced the flash when taking the pic? did you use a diffuser as well?

*C*

codling said:
i thought you are able to manually adjust aperture and iso value to tweak the power of the flash?
by the way, you bounced the flash when taking the pic? did you use a diffuser as well?

*C*

for the canon one that i tried, fully auto, no way of adjusting aperture and iso settings.

Well, perhaps only way is to adjust aperture settings on the fz20.

And yes, i did bounce the flash off the ceiling. :dunno:

snapman:
what was your fz aperture setting when using the speedlite? were u able to decrease aperture or increase shutter timings?

rogersk8ter:
what were your cam settings and flash settings (if any)
did you bounce and/or use a diffuser?
cos your pic lighting doesnt look that harsh...

snapMan said:

you mean tried with the 420 speed lite on a panasonic camera??? (should be fz 10 or fz20)

hey guys.. when i attach an external flash, i cant seem to adjust the settings...(ie aperture and shutter..) how come like that??? using an fz20..

hey guys.. when i attach an external flash, i cant seem to adjust the settings...(ie aperture and shutter..) how come like that??? using an fz20.. btw anyone wanna sell a suntaz 328 dtz??? PM me?? ;)

littledigitalartist said:
hey guys.. when i attach an external flash, i cant seem to adjust the settings...(ie aperture and shutter..) how come like that??? using an fz20.. btw anyone wanna sell a suntaz 328 dtz??? PM me?? ;)

zenten is selling his suntax 328dtz.

opps... actually PM him liao.... but sent another... when he talked abt going over to the dark side... :devil: ... hmm hope he doesnt get pissed of by me sending him so many msg... when can the dark side temp me with a free d70... :dunno:

littledigitalartist said:
you mean tried with the 420 speed lite on a panasonic camera??? (should be fz 10 or fz20)

yup, my bro has one so i just borrowed it and tried it on my fz20

codling said:
snapman:
what was your fz aperture setting when using the speedlite? were u able to decrease aperture or increase shutter timings?
QUOTE]

i think it was 2.8, i tried to change it manually but it seemed to not allow me to change the aperture, only can toggle the shutter speed. Fastest it would adjust to is 1/250. I was at manual mode btw.

Hi
I thought the Fstop of the zoom on panasonic fz10/20 is fixed at F2.8 throughout the zoom?
If it is, then you need to set your aperture to 60-125 (125 is the max synchronization speed) and the flash will be automatic. Since there is a hotshoe, is advisable that you mount it directly on the hotshoe for better effect.
If you are using indoor, if you find that the flash is too strong, you can always use the bounce and swivel feature on the flash.
Hope it helps.

snapMan said:
codling said:
snapman:
QUOTE]

i think it was 2.8, i tried to change it manually but it seemed to not allow me to change the aperture, only can toggle the shutter speed. Fastest it would adjust to is 1/250. I was at manual mode btw.

I used F2.8 with speed of 1/60. This is the recommanded setting for Emoblitz.
Your picture will turn out bad if you use other settings cos the flash sensor will output intensity base on these settings.

Yes, i did a bounce to the ceiling....but do remember to include the extra distance and hence i adjusted to 'tele" setting for the flash. hope i made myself clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.