Anyone using Asus notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used mine for the past 2 years. Loved it. Dare I say, zero crashes? I mean, even "hang"? Stable as my ex Asus motherboard. I'm tempted by the new series too :p

well if the configuration suits your needs, by all means. Depending on how you handle the laptop, no components are not built to last a lifetime, and should something go kaput after the warranty, it's only normal.

Whether it hangs or not, it depends on your usage. if you're not the type who frequently tests new software betas, tinker with the registry and stuff or drop a bowling ball on the lappie, it's unlikely it should hang.

djork said:
well if the configuration suits your needs, by all means. Depending on how you handle the laptop, no components are not built to last a lifetime, and should something go kaput after the warranty, it's only normal.

Whether it hangs or not, it depends on your usage. if you're not the type who frequently tests new software betas, tinker with the registry and stuff or drop a bowling ball on the lappie, it's unlikely it should hang.

Experiences vary maybe? My former compaq (before the merger) crashes 6 times in 2 years. Didn't even use it for the web, merely microsoft word and windows. Warranty was good though, just lost all my files 6 times in 2 years, and had the lappy most of the time under servicing.

Fastastic aftercare service. Laptop crash once (virus thing) and bought it to service centre. It was 4 pm already and they close at 6pm and I told them I need it urgently and was told to come back at 7pm as it takes more 2 hrs to service and testing. Excellent service and free.

I reckon kenele hit the nail squarely on the head ... a large measure of how "good" a particular brand is, especially for electronics, is its after sales service IMHO. Everything can and will break, just a matter of when. And when it's still within its useful life, it's reassuring to know that you can get it fixed with a minimum of fuss.

Thanks guys/gasl, saw A6F selling for Myr$2888 = Sgd$1255 approx. It comes with Centrino Duo, 15.4" WXGA Color Shine & Crystal Shine LCD, 60gb.......except not DVD multi DL Drive and only 256meg ram.

What got me thinking is the 2yrs global warranty.

Now the question is D200 or the notebook :faint:

a great laptop. the battery died on me 11months into usage. wasnt asus fault. I trash my laptop like mad. ( you should see the condition of my laptop!)

i throw it on the bed. on the sofa. hddstill working .still strong. only regret was .. i should have gotten the asus w5 ! argh!!

The best laptop I ever have.... Very stable... i had use many other brands, Acer, Dell, Toshiba and Sony, still Asus is still the best.. Still using it!!!:thumbsup:

hmm the promo is in SG ? or malaysia wor ?
yeah i am also stuck with the option laptop or DSLR ? haha
both add up almost the same price.
but of cos with the DSLR coming with more hidden costs...
anyway asus lappie is coming in furious so it is way cheaper than b4 liao ...
The quality is there plus it looks nice !
so dun worry about ASUS ba...

Benign said:
Thanks guys/gasl, saw A6F selling for Myr$2888 = Sgd$1255 approx. It comes with Centrino Duo, 15.4" WXGA Color Shine & Crystal Shine LCD, 60gb.......except not DVD multi DL Drive and only 256meg ram.

What got me thinking is the 2yrs global warranty.

Now the question is D200 or the notebook :faint:

D200 will be my choice as by now u shd hv at least a pc at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.