Anyone using a Tokina AT-X287AF PRO SV


Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,437
0
0
#5
Originally posted by fruitybix
Check this thread, look at Kho King's reviews of the Tokina lens, also talk about the lens you are referring to. It is actually suceeded by the Pro II, and now the 28-80 f2.8.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35853
Succeeded by the Pro II? Isn't this the replacement for the Pro II?

Reviews on the net and photonet seem mixed about this, saying that it doesn't seems as well constructed.
 

sfhuang

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
914
0
0
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
#6
So is this another marketing gimmick of just changing the name and no improvements of the older version (Pro II)?
 

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,437
0
0
#7
Originally posted by sfhuang
So is this another marketing gimmick of just changing the name and no improvements of the older version (Pro II)?
Gimmick or not no one knows coz the stocks haven't arrived in singapore yet.

http://www.thkphoto.com/products/tokina/afl-03.html
According to the above, its the first in a new generation of Pro SV lenses.

Here are some positive reviews:
http://www.photographyreview.com/PRD_142610_3128crx.aspx
 

sfhuang

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
914
0
0
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
#8
Originally posted by Zerstorer
Gimmick or not no one knows coz the stocks haven't arrived in singapore yet.
CP has replied my e-quotation request. Seems like it's here already.
 

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,437
0
0
#9
How much? It supposed to be cheaper than the ATX Pro II according to the net.
 

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,437
0
0
#11
Originally posted by sfhuang
$598 w/o GST. How much was the Pro II?
Last quote was about this price I think...can't remember. There was a thread on prices of lenses, now where did it go to?:dunno:
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#13
Being the hunter for the Pro II that has eluded me, the next logical qn to ask is what si the difference between this lens and the Tokina 28-80 f2.8? is this the successor to the 28-80? seems like a not bad price at 590+
 

fruitybix

New Member
Nov 1, 2002
484
0
0
West
Visit site
#14
Originally posted by Zerstorer
Succeeded by the Pro II? Isn't this the replacement for the Pro II?

Reviews on the net and photonet seem mixed about this, saying that it doesn't seems as well constructed.
hmm, always had the impression that the Pro II was succeeded by the 28-80 f2.8 instead.:dunno:

the 28-70 Pro SV is a different series?
 

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,437
0
0
#15
Originally posted by fruitybix
hmm, always had the impression that the Pro II was succeeded by the 28-80 f2.8 instead.:dunno:

the 28-70 Pro SV is a different series?
The 28-80 seems to be a different lens altogether. Both the 270 Pro II and 280 Pro were sold alongside for a while.

According to the thkphoto site, my interpretation of their wording is that all future ATX Pro lenses will be named Pro SV instead of Pro II or Pro III..etc.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom