Anyone uses this method ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

estronutz

Feb 14, 2006
星尬波
Can anyone advice is it okay to use this combination to keep the equipment?

Some acrylic box with those battery operated dehumidifier u put in wardrobe? Those kind you can get those DIY shops like home fix ?

Not wise...

you wanna skimp on this for the sake of a few k worth of equipment?? :think:

In SG, our humidity is very high... 70 - 80%... worth the risk? up to you..

Agree with Zac08. Buy the one that you can control the power (humidity) level... ;)

Hope this is help.

i understand there is a flourescent tube-like dehumifier. without the need for arcylic box.

i got a large air-tight box (easily purchased) and i put a thirsty hippo in it.
cheap and large storage for all my electronics (not only cameras)

i got a large air-tight box (easily purchased) and i put a thirsty hippo in it.
cheap and large storage for all my electronics (not only cameras)

It may get too dry for your electronic equipments, especially those with moving parts like a camera and lenses.

It may get too dry for your electronic equipments, especially those with moving parts like a camera and lenses.

most (all?) of my stuff are using non-water based lubricants so it works for me :)

most (all?) of my stuff are using non-water based lubricants so it works for me :)

Including your lenses? Besides, the rubber parts of your stuff might dry up/crack after a prolonged period of being in an environment that is too dry. :sweat:

Can anyone advice is it okay to use this combination to keep the equipment?

Some acrylic box with those battery operated dehumidifier u put in wardrobe? Those kind you can get those DIY shops like home fix ?
Is there any battery operated dehumidifier?

Regards,
Arto.

i understand there is a flourescent tube-like dehumifier. without the need for arcylic box.
These are expensive in the long run because they take a whole lot more power and are not as effective. It's basically a heating tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.