Anyone uses a canoscan flatbed + film adaptor for FILM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
anyone uses the 2450UF? quality?

heard got 5000uf and 8000uf coming...

I have a Canoscan D1250U2F which is cheaper and uses the much faster USB 2 connection.

Originally posted by tomcat
I have a Canoscan D1250U2F which is cheaper and uses the much faster USB 2 connection.

bought it for 235$ when it first came out at some shop in sim lim square!

Originally posted by djork

bought it for 235$ when it first came out at some shop in sim lim square!
I think that's the price for the model without the built-in film adapter on the lid right? The D1250U2F I bought is supposed to cost $369 or something like that but I bought at a promotional price of $269 at Challenger and came with a free USB2.0 PCI card from Canon Singapore.

I think that's the price for the model without the built-in film adapter on the lid right? The D1250U2F I bought is supposed to cost $369 or something like that but I bought at a promotional price of $269 at Challenger and came with a free USB2.0 PCI card from Canon Singapore.

mine's the D1250U2F. what a steal... haha.

haha I like cats than dogs?

mm ok how do they fare for negatives? scanning quality not cats LOL

well, as u can already expect, this kind of scanners will never beat the dedicated film scanners like those nikon and canon offer. i'd rate the quality as... average.

To give you an idea of the film scanning quality of the Canoscan D1250U2, this is a scan I did earlier of a slide I took of an orchid:
Catasetum_expansum_small.jpg

But definitely, a dedicated film scanner would do a much better job. They are however quite expensive though.

Hi

R u interested in buying? There's somone in this channel trying to sell one flatbed film scanner...maybe u might be interested?

the slide is blocked by photosig huh? cos I see the site logo only hehe..
I interested in the canoscans only.. cos got FARE... and thinking of the 2400 dpi scanners...

canoscans flatbeds I mean...
film scanners are out of my budget...

Originally posted by denizenx
the slide is blocked by photosig huh? cos I see the site logo only hehe..
I interested in the canoscans only.. cos got FARE... and thinking of the 2400 dpi scanners...
Sorry... didn't know that 'cos I can see the pic. Uploaded to homex instead and so should be viewable now.

alamak can see liao.. I shoot negs but never get this kind of colour... what do u use ah? slide neg shop lab etc? been very discouraging so far... indoor outdoor also cannot make it (me)
erm can see a 100% crop? cos I had been thinking of buying the canoscan 2400UF or the successor 5000 (just announced)...
film scanner not for me lah... bring my cost equity so close to DSLR...

To give you an idea of the film scanning quality of the Canoscan D1250U2, this is a scan I did earlier of a slide I took of an orchid:

But definitely, a dedicated film scanner would do a much better job. They are however quite expensive though.

Hi tomcat, what is the maximum resolution the 1250U2F can scan for a 35mm slide? If you scan at the maximum, what is the number of pixels you get (e.g. 2048 x 1700)? I'm quite keen to get a flatbed scanner with film adapter too, and 1250U2F looks really good. I'm just wondering if it can scan at enough resolution for me to print on 4R paper.

If possible, please post a full-size scan of your slides! Thanks very much. ;)

Tweek:
4R is 4" x 6". To produce a photo quality print, you need to print at a minimum of 200 dpi. Therefore, a photo size of 800 x 1200 pixels would produce an acceptable 4R print.

I scanned that slide to get a final image of 5.34" x 8.08" at 300 dpi which means that I could have made a 8" x 12" print at 200 dpi if I so wanted to. A 100% crop of the scanned image can be found here.

denizenx:
Slides always have higher colour saturation than negatives. For slides, I like to use Fuji Velvia and Fuji Provia 100. For negatives, I'm not very particular about brands but if I have to choose, I would take Fuji Superia or Kodak Gold.

thanks tomcat, that fullsize image looks pretty good. :) next on my wishlist!

hehe tomcat sorry to bug u some more...
did u touchup the pic? it looks a bit median'd.
otherwise it is very nice qa-wise...
the 1250UF got FARE?

PS: rummaged through ur 5700 zoo pix hehe... the tiger a bit blown out hor? camera or hot day?

Status
Not open for further replies.