Anyone used singh-ray filters before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyxx88

Nov 17, 2004
Am tempted to get one... but not sure how they perform. Kindly share your feedback on your experience with it :).

http://www.singh-ray.com/

From what I've seen, very well. ;)

But whether you actually need that level of quality is only something your final output/you can decide.

you can ask zoossh and lkkang, i think these are the ones with singh ray here that i remember..

or does lkkang use lee? cannot remember.

i know giantcanopy also has, right, correct me if i am wrong.

They did not disappoint; what more could one ask for.

As to whether they are worth that much (more) is something one has to decide. As I like taking landscapes and seascapes, NDs are almost always indispensible.

Do consider also their reverse NDs. They do come in very useful for sunrises / sunsets.

There are many examples in Flickr.

Am tempted to get one... but not sure how they perform. Kindly share your feedback on your experience with it :).

http://www.singh-ray.com/

Color neutral. The longer length gives u abit more allowance in placement compared to Cokin

I have stacked their VariND up with their NDs / GNDs for very long exposures and the color is still nicely reproduced.

Ryan

Last edited:
Oh.. I hear someone mentioning my name here :bsmilie:

I am using LEE filter system.
Purchased locally, I have 2 pieces of 3 STOP soft GND

I should say that the results are very good.
Its definitely a good piece of equipment if you doing landscapes.

cheers,
Billy

Wow!! Seems like those who have used them are happy with the output :). Not sure what are reverse NDs (will visit their site again tonight).

Now they have a new vari-ND filter, it comes with CPL too!!

Thanks nightmare, will probably PM zooosh to ask him :).

Wow!! Seems like those who have used them are happy with the output :). Not sure what are reverse NDs (will visit their site again tonight).

For reverse GND, the darkest part of the filter is placed at the transition.

This is especially useful in sunrise / sunset, where the brightest portion of the scene is the sun at / near the horizon. The reverse GND darkens at that spot instead.

2607821008_3a31d396a0.jpg

* Left - reverse grad. darkest in the middle
* right - their usual GND. darkest from top

Note that some say their hard stop GNDs have a softer transition than some other brands.
I have no other filter brands experience, can't comment

Here is an example of a Vari ND stacked with a reverse grad
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/3108165947_c2928aa753_o.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:
For reverse GND, the darkest part of the filter is placed at the transition.

This is especially useful in sunrise / sunset, where the brightest portion of the scene is the sun at / near the horizon. The reverse GND darkens at that spot instead.

2607821008_3a31d396a0.jpg

* Left - reverse grad. darkest in the middle
* right - their usual GND. darkest from top

Note that some say their hard stop GNDs have a softer transition than some other brands.
I have no other filter brands experience, can't comment

Here is an example of a Vari ND stacked with a reverse grad
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/3108165947_c2928aa753_o.jpg

Ryan

Thanks for the pics & explanation (learned something new again :)). Do you use singh-ray products? How is your experience with it? Quality of the product & the picture output? Any other experience to note?

Thanks for the pics & explanation (learned something new again :)). Do you use singh-ray products? How is your experience with it? Quality of the product & the picture output? Any other experience to note?

Yup. I think they are made from a kind of resin that is similar to the ones in spectacles, so do not expect them to be as scratch resistant as some of those glass filters ( which is uncommon )

I got a few of them, other than my 2 stop reverse grad, i also carry their Vari ND ( the old slim no cpl one ) , soft step GNDs / hard step GNDs / NDs from +2 to +4 . Pretty handy for landscape work, and i keep them in a nice Lee filter wallet, carry them ard when i go shooting. I never used other brands so i dunno how the color compares, but it did not give me any color cast headaches especially when i stack them.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.