Anyone used Rollei (Asia) tripod?

newto

Sep 16, 2012
singapore
Hiya..

As a photography noob, I'm looking for a basic tripod to hone my currently non-existent skills. I saw a Rollei branded tripod for a very reasonable price - less than SGD 50. This is quite light and can hold up to 2 kg, so fits my NEX well.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience with Rollei tripods? FYI this is manufactured in China under Rollei Asia brand.

I know that it's not like Manfrotto or Gitzo or Slik, but I'm really not looking to spend $100+ on a tripod right now. I also understand the tradeoffs between cost / weight /stability / sturdiness. I want a basic one to just get started. Since this is less than $50, I can also consider buying a better one in the future.

Would appreciate any comments from the board gurus. Thanks! :)

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
Hiya..

As a photography noob, I'm looking for a basic tripod to hone my currently non-existent skills. I saw a Rollei branded tripod for a very reasonable price - less than SGD 50. This is quite light and can hold up to 2 kg, so fits my NEX well.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience with Rollei tripods? FYI this is manufactured in China under Rollei Asia brand.

I know that it's not like Manfrotto or Gitzo or Slik, but I'm really not looking to spend $100+ on a tripod right now. I also understand the tradeoffs between cost / weight /stability / sturdiness. I want a basic one to just get started. Since this is less than $50, I can also consider buying a better one in the future.

Would appreciate any comments from the board gurus. Thanks! :)
If you don't mind second hand stuffs. Maybe $50 can get you some more decent tripod. Not saying that the one that you state is bad or good. But I think no one used it before.

Top Bottom