Anyone used IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
Microsoft seem to have release IE 7. Has anyone used it yet?

yes, i've used it. but i still prefer Firefox to anything else~

IE 7 is bad bad bad. hated it. one reason why i did not go over to firefox or opera is because i was quite happy and adapted to the IE6 UI. but IE7 is horrible. their stop button squished to one side, the history button gone, and also, there are some problems with IE7 displaying some pages. in the end, i uninstalled it and went back to IE6. right now, it is leaving with this bloody irritating problem: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=231697

IE 7 is bad bad bad. hated it. one reason why i did not go over to firefox or opera is because i was quite happy and adapted to the IE6 UI. but IE7 is horrible. their stop button squished to one side, the history button gone, and also, there are some problems with IE7 displaying some pages. in the end, i uninstalled it and went back to IE6. right now, it is leaving with this bloody irritating problem: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=231697

odd, I find IE7 performing much better than my IE6 and even FF.

IE6 and FF crash on me many times. Whereas IE7, so far 0 time in the same period of time.

And I use keyboard buttons to perform the following functions:

Stop: "Esc"
Refresh: "F5"
Full Refresh: "Ctrl + F5"

firefox for me...

IE is history.... :bsmilie:

IE7 works much better than I expected. the only down side is when it crahses it takes all your browser windows along since it is a single instance of the application.

I actually don't care where the buttons are as I uses hotkeys.

IE 7 works fine for me. I actually quite like it. Its much a breeze now. Fewer buttons and more space for viewing webpages.

Much better than IE6 but loading is still slow. Tab browsing is a plus though but I will still stick to FF2.

IE7 :(
FF2 is very laggy on my comp.. anyone with same experience?
FF1.5 :thumbsup:

FF is ok on my comp..not much diff in speed compared to FF1.5...maybe you load too many extensions?
got no extensions isntalled at all.. anyway i can't use Alt+S in cs to post already.. Alt+S is taken by History in FF2... :(

got no extensions isntalled at all.. anyway i can't use Alt+S in cs to post already.. Alt+S is taken by History in FF2... :(
you can either use Alt+Shift+S, or do the following changes to your FF config:

in the url box, type "about:config"
Change:
ui.key.chromeAccess to 5
ui.key.contentAccess to 4

I have FF but only use it as backup in case IE screw up, but IE 7 is so much stable that I have forgotten when was the last time I use FF :p

Status
Not open for further replies.