Anyone used Gretag Macbeth calibrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi all,

Anybody owned and used the above to calibrate your monitor?

I tried and after calibrating, my LCD monitor seem to appear rather dim and warm... is that normal?

There are 3 settings after the calibration. Warm, neutral and cool. Which did you use?

I tot there is just one? Its called gretagmacbeth Display Callibrator

Get the latest driver. I got the link from here, so u gotta do a search to find it.

Too lazy to hunt the web. PM me ur email, I send it to u via email tonite. It's 8 meg plus tho, not sure if it'll go thru

i also want leh.. i believe lots of gretamacbeth user would also like to find out..

why not put the link here ?

thanks

ya got one of those gags too.... using it on my laptop. have been feeling disappointed after using it... the screen apparently became dimmer... care to share the new driver or to share yr experience...

just curious yehosaphat ... where did u buy ur calibrator @ ? and how much ?

is it the eye-one display 2 u bought ?

Bought it at east gear. Was there by chance so asked about it, and bought it! ;) And yup it is as per the thread by Jason Ho

Hehe, must have cost you quite a bit...compared to the one brought in by Jason Ho.;p

Bought it at east gear. Was there by chance so asked about it, and bought it! ;) And yup it is as per the thread by Jason Ho

Even at this cheap price (<S$100), this device is a disappointment.

It seems to be a very common problem, about having a very warm, yellowish colour cast. I got one myself (not from MO by Jason) and wanted to try it out. Also very disappointed as I get the exact same problems as many people have reported.

Some have reported satisfaction with their Gretagmacbeth, but these seem to be in the over(or under-?)whelming minority, while others have reported success after a software upgrade.

Not me, though. I've updated the software, tried to calibrate it under light, total darkeness, etc etc, nothing seems to work. Guess we'll just have to wait for the next s/w update. In the meanwhile, I've totally disabled the thing.

(I use a Samsung 17" SyncMaster 713N LCD.)

question, pls help.

i use it for crt monitor, so come out a "white" and a "black" target board.

it say we are suppose to adjust brightness untill the top half of the "white" look like its bottom half. same goes for the "black" target board.

were you guys able to get it? no matter how i adjust, i cant get the top to look like the bottom. is it because my monitor is :thumbsd: .

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.