Anyone used FZ-20 to take wedding photo before ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
halo dearest Lumixers,

i would like to ask if anyone here did use fz20 to take wedding photo before ??

morning, afternoon and nite...

hmmm.. got a friend wedding coming.. he ask me to be the 2nd man to take pic... i guess he did this cos he know i wan to try and the main photographer say he wun mind.. :sweat:

so i am wondering if my fz20 can or not....

anyone ?? :dunno:

setting ?? :dunno:

:rolleyes:

since you're the 2nd photographer, then why not? just try try only mah. after all, it is all about the technique. make sure you get your bounce flash settings sorted out, which is the tricky part.

note that the FZ20, like all FZ cams, can be quite woeful to use in low light interiors as its LCD/EVF don't auto-gain. you might wanna try out first to know the limitations and how to work around them.

I dun own a fz 20 ...hence asking
does the fz20 came with a 1st/2nd curtain syn flash?
if yes use the 1st sync flash for all yr shots
it not a must but greatly help in illuminating the background of yr subject.

The standard setting for wedding/event shooting is f/5.6[for edge to edge sharpness]and shutter 1/60 sec(up to u )

alternatively if u just want sharp pics of the bride/groom and the guest ...blaz away with yr fz20 at high shutter speed...once use 1/500 sec all the people in the pics turn out sharp but background dark heh heh

a few things about FZ20 to take note (based on my experience)-
. its slow AF in low/dim lighting condition
. try not 2 use pop up flash as it will drain batts faster
. mega OIS at max telephoto range still got 'shake' pics
. built-in AF assist beam got distance limit (cant AF assist if subject 2 far)

i was using FZ20 on my trip 2 zoo, wen i tried focusing in dim light at some enclosure d LCD displays pitchblack. fail 2 focus. i had an external flash w/ AF assist beam but does not work on FZ20. zone focus & pre-focus r options but not a gd 1 though.

d pop-up flash results looks harsh (2 me). if possible, get an external 1 w/ diffuser...

but i will still encourage u 2 go ahead 2 shoot pics. its a gd chance 2 improve ur photography skills & knowledge & kno wad ur cam is capable of. mayb u will come up w/ ways 2 make do in dificult lighting situation no 1 tot of!!;)

because thats a candid shot?:dunno:

The couple are probably not posting for the photographer,if flash was used then the mood would be better.:)

k3nn3th03 said:
correct me if i am wrong..

the couple seems a bit underexpose..

I am still a newbie... so no idea whether underexposure or not
got to leave it to the more experience people to judge
but when i was shooting the sun was facing at 11 o' clock position

tao said:
since you're the 2nd photographer, then why not? just try try only mah. after all, it is all about the technique. make sure you get your bounce flash settings sorted out, which is the tricky part.

note that the FZ20, like all FZ cams, can be quite woeful to use in low light interiors as its LCD/EVF don't auto-gain. you might wanna try out first to know the limitations and how to work around them.

Ya man. Since you are asked to be the 2nd photographer, why not go ahead and take it as a practical session. I did that last month at a friend's wedding. But it was in a hotel poolside and it was in the day. That was a raining day and lighting was rather dim. Taking photos in the couple's hotel room also was a big challenge (becos I haven't got the external flash yet). Didn't turn out very well but hey, it was a good experience. It gave me the idea of how important an external flash is, and I went to get one the next day. I am looking forward to the next practice session (cousin's wedding) in another hotel ballroom.:).

yeah but remember,what ever you do,DON'T block the main photographer.:bsmilie:

Haha...that's true. What I did was, I always gave the professional (main) photographer the priority to shoot first, standing either behind him, next to him, (and try not to stand opposite him also).

ok.. noted.. :thumbsup:

My advise:

1) Go to the hotel/church you're going to take pictures in. Find out the lighting and take a few practice shots. If anyone asks, just let them know your intent and they won't mind. This beats finding out the best settings on the actual day.

2) Use external flash. Almost all the time.

3) Bring a lot of extra batteries.

Oh yah,

4) Take this time before that to look at more wedding photos and get some inspiration from them...

Hope this helps... :)

ur better off than me.
my friend asked me to take photos at his ROM with my FZ5 as the MAIN photographer.
all i have is my emoblitz slave flash.

i think im screwed man..

reiv said:
ur better off than me.
my friend asked me to take photos at his ROM with my FZ5 as the MAIN photographer.
all i have is my emoblitz slave flash.

i think im screwed man..

when'z de ROM? i dun mind sharing ur burden...;p

sORe-EyEz said:
when'z de ROM? i dun mind sharing ur burden...;p
serious? im doing it for free leh..

reiv said:
serious? im doing it for free leh..

PM me d date & time + ur contact number. if i free i go!! but i using film SLR can? but i gotta inform d couple that i not giving away my prints.

Reiv,
have faith in yr fz5
Just take more shots and QC check after that

Just remember to shoot with fill flash..even in bright day
portraiture shoots look better with fill flash

if kiasu take one with and one without...if necessary use bracketing mode

eow said:
Reiv,
have faith in yr fz5
Just take more shots and QC check after that

Just remember to shoot with fill flash..even in bright day
portraiture shoots look better with fill flash

if kiasu take one with and one without...if necessary use bracketing mode

even in BRIGHT day with sun above also need flash ??

yes..u be surprised it made the subject look better
pls click me

Status
Not open for further replies.