Anyone Used a Manfrotto Neotec Tripod Before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

As above - any user reviews/ comments would be appreciated.

Dun have the tripod but I'm using the neotec monopod. Really convenient to use and surprisingly stable even though it doesn't have any visible locking mechanism. But i think the tripod is rather heavy?

According to the specs I think it was abt 2kg or so?

I don't own the Manfrotto Neotec tripod, but I've played with it at a store. To me, it felt less solid than my old Manfrotto 3221/055 tripod. I prefer the normal twist lever or clamp locking mechanisms.

According to the specs I think it was abt 2kg or so?

2.4kg. Well, it's 0.5kg heavier than my old 190prob which is only 11cm shorter (when both are fully extended) and takes 1 kg less load. I guess it really depends what you wanna use the tripod for. If like doing landscapes, night shots and things where the extra minute or so to setup an ordinary tripod doesn't really matter then I think a lighter one (like CF) is a better choice? Just my $0.02.

Now there's the new 190X, with the ability to extend the centre column from vertical to horizontal without removing the centre column.

Now there's the new 190X, with the ability to extend the centre column from vertical to horizontal without removing the centre column.

oh man are u serious?!?!!??! how much is it???????????????????
i wanna get it to replace my old tripod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find any pictures of it but just this verbage from Photokina.

190: Manfrotto introduces two redesigned products in the well-known 190 tripod family – the 190XPROB and 190XB – at this year’s Photokina. One of the most noteworthy new features is the improved, Manfrotto-patented horizontal center column, now easier to use than ever. In fact, the center column of the 190XPROB can now be rotated to a horizontal position by simply extending the column to its highest position and without removing the head or disassembling the column itself, so switching between framing and positioning setups is more convenient than ever.

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/news/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/lang/it/pid/7520

../azul123

Hmm alright. My primary intention is speed - I need one that setups fast and closes fast to go to the next spot quickly. Weight is a factor as there is much travel involved (thats why need fast to set up and dismantle and set up) but not the overriding factor (not sure if 2.4 is considered heavy).

2.4kg. Well, it's 0.5kg heavier than my old 190prob which is only 11cm shorter (when both are fully extended) and takes 1 kg less load. I guess it really depends what you wanna use the tripod for. If like doing landscapes, night shots and things where the extra minute or so to setup an ordinary tripod doesn't really matter then I think a lighter one (like CF) is a better choice? Just my $0.02.

Is the store in Singapore? I wonder if Cathay has it to try out.

I don't own the Manfrotto Neotec tripod, but I've played with it at a store. To me, it felt less solid than my old Manfrotto 3221/055 tripod. I prefer the normal twist lever or clamp locking mechanisms.

Hmm alright. My primary intention is speed - I need one that setups fast and closes fast to go to the next spot quickly. Weight is a factor as there is much travel involved (thats why need fast to set up and dismantle and set up) but not the overriding factor (not sure if 2.4 is considered heavy).

I would definitely consider 2.4kg heavy. It's the same weight as my bro's Manfrotto 055ProB and that is quite a chore to lug around, esp considering you still need to factor in the weight of the head.

Well actually the 190X was debuted at Photokina and only have a small pic of it. Material wise should still be aluminium. Pricing and availability are not confirmed yet.

I'm using a 055Pro which is 2.4kg and a 488RC0 ballhead which is another 830g. To me this setup is still acceptable to carry around but for those who dun like to lug heavy stuffs, avoid this tripod.

I just tried it at Cathay today - seems quite good. Only thing the price seems quite overpriced - $664.

B&H only sell $527.92

Wow! That's really expensive! You know, you could get a CF tripod that is taller (ie, can reach ur eye level without using the center column), takes more load (7-8kg) and much lighter for less than $400 (Benro or Feisol).

Status
Not open for further replies.