Anyone use this technique to locate small subjects before focus like I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmak

Apr 16, 2004
London, UK
www.pbase.com
Hi,

Just wondering, I found out that if i want to find my subject with a long telephoto lens, I open my left eye to find the subject and then move my camera so my right eye looking in the viewfinder is looking at the same spot as my left. I found it quite easy to photograph small birds. Just wondering who does this too or am I strange? :bsmilie:

Cheers!

There's nothing strange about that bro. Whatever you feel comfortable with. Doesn't matter how others do it. As long as you get what you want.:cheers:

i guess it's perfectly normal. i use this method, too, sometimes...to spot whether my strobe went off, or spotting an action in anticipation. it's somewhat similar to using a rangefinder camera...in a way

This is one of the techniques. Also you can zoom out first, locate in the VF and then zoom in. Else you won't be able to get shots of moving objects at all with a 500mm lens.

yah abt the same technique..that is y I found tracking moving object with long telephoto zoom difficult...worse still with a slow AF

I use this method for SAR21 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.