Anyone use ORINK to print photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yocoolboy

Mar 9, 2004
Hi... Would juz like to ask if anyone uses ORINK (compatible ink tank) to print their photos? Issit good? Please advise as I am thinking of using it to print some important photos.

thanks ;)

yocoolboy said:
Hi... Would juz like to ask if anyone uses ORINK (compatible ink tank) to print their photos? Issit good? Please advise as I am thinking of using it to print some important photos.

thanks ;)

Then invoice which was issued to me when I bought Orink inks at IT Show specified "Remove the cartridge only when the ink finished"..... sounds fishy. :dunno:

yaoxing said:
Then invoice which was issued to me when I bought Orink inks at IT Show specified "Remove the cartridge only when the ink finished"..... sounds fishy. :dunno:

uurrr.... wats wrong with that?

HelmetBox said:
uurrr.... wats wrong with that?

It means you cannot temporarily change to a fresh cartridge for the sake of printing a very important photo if you suspect the present one is finishing anytime soon.

i think remove cartridge when empty is for safety reasons, taking out a half used cartridge may result in ink dripping onto undesireable areas(eg. printer, ur hands, clothes, etc)

never tried orink b4, but i guess it should be close to most of the other brands.

if u ask me about non-original inks. i would say, avoid them if u are an epson user. if the ink screws up the print head, ur gone. canon and hp can get easy replacement for print heads.

often non-original inks dun perform as well as original ink in terms of drying time on paper, paper penetrating and drying time while in cartridge. if u are going to print on photo paper, get original ink better choice as u already spending so much on paper.

in choosing non-original inks, avoid the refills, too messy. stick with those refilled cartridges.

most non-originals should work perfectly fine in ur printer, unless there's something wrong with the cartridge already. if u see it leaking or anything, DO NOT put it into ur printer. gonan be an expensive lesson.

i would say stick with originals if u are not going to print often, non-originals tend to cake when they dry up, screwing ur print head in the process.

~MooEy~

thanks for advice

MooEy said:
i would say stick with originals if u are not going to print often, non-originals tend to cake when they dry up, screwing ur print head in the process.

~MooEy~

Generally, this is good advice.

But a little care would ensure that you dun get clogged nozzles even if you use 3rd party ink. For example, just turn your printer on every 2 weeks or so. When my Canon printer is turned on, it seems to do a bit of a nozzle flushing. After a few more minutes of inactivity, it turns itself off. So this little act by turning it on once every 2 weeks or so, the heads remain free from clogging. I believe Epson also does this. Not sure about HP/lexmark though.

Yes, you waste some ink, but the ink so very cheap compared to the original. I've found that colors I'm getting from my Sepoms ink is as good as the original Canon in terms of color. As for longevity, I dun know yet as the prints I've made are still too new.

chriszzz said:
Generally, this is good advice.

But a little care would ensure that you dun get clogged nozzles even if you use 3rd party ink. For example, just turn your printer on every 2 weeks or so. When my Canon printer is turned on, it seems to do a bit of a nozzle flushing. After a few more minutes of inactivity, it turns itself off. So this little act by turning it on once every 2 weeks or so, the heads remain free from clogging. I believe Epson also does this. Not sure about HP/lexmark though.

Yes, you waste some ink, but the ink so very cheap compared to the original. I've found that colors I'm getting from my Sepoms ink is as good as the original Canon in terms of color. As for longevity, I dun know yet as the prints I've made are still too new.
yep. sepoms ink matches the original... but when i refilled it... it was horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.