Anyone use a writing tablet

bgoh88

Apr 11, 2008
Need some advice on writing tablet.

I read a photography magazine (something DSRL, can’t remember the name. It is from UK) yesterday in Popular bookshop. There is an article on writing tablet. It mentioned Wacom Bamboo and Intuos 4.
I only find these two writing tablets in one of the computer shop in Funan. The Intuos 4 is expense; close to $400. There are 3 models for the Bamboo, ranging from $100+ to $200+.

There are also other brands in Sim Lim, prices are quite close to the Bamboo range, except for the smaller ones which is cheaper.

Anyone use a writing tablet? Which brand? Where to get? What is the cost? Does it help for photo editing? Is it better than using the mouse? Thanks.

Need some advice on writing tablet.

I read a photography magazine (something DSRL, can’t remember the name. It is from UK) yesterday in Popular bookshop. There is an article on writing tablet. It mentioned Wacom Bamboo and Intuos 4.
I only find these two writing tablets in one of the computer shop in Funan. The Intuos 4 is expense; close to $400. There are 3 models for the Bamboo, ranging from $100+ to $200+.

There are also other brands in Sim Lim, prices are quite close to the Bamboo range, except for the smaller ones which is cheaper.

Anyone use a writing tablet? Which brand? Where to get? What is the cost? Does it help for photo editing? Is it better than using the mouse? Thanks.

im using intuos4 medium. yes it greatly helps with the editing.

I ordered mine from BHphotovideo.com

my first one was a bamboo, i think the cheapest one.
now i'm using the intuous 3, it was given to me. i like it because the pen tip isn't as rough as the bamboo, its slightly cushioned.

i don't use the shortcut buttons on the pad at all, my left hand is still on the keyboard, right hand on the pad.
so if u give me a bamboo or intuous, its still the same to me.

i also don't fully utilise the pressure sensitivity on the pen because control my brush opacity by the percentage in photoshop.

i prefer the smaller pads so that my hand doesn't have to move around too much.

it helps a lot when you use a lot of brush strokes, when you do selective masking, patching, cloning etc etc.
basically if u "draw" on the image, its useful

If you are doing a lot of editing or u fancy the freedom of editing from one good one intuos will be a good tablet for your consideration. It has good pressure sensitive pens and if you would like, you can even get those extra pens that can register inclination that will affect your pressure and pen width.

I am using the Wacom brand. Intous 3 medium. At work and home.
It has replace my mouse. A must if u edit in photoshop.... Like masking, coloring, erasing, lasso selection.

Wacom is a long outstanding reputable brand.