anyone tried VPOST in US??

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Anyone tried VPOST in US??

Any feedback??

fotoudavid said:
Anyone tried VPOST in US??

Any feedback??

Vpostusa? Tried few times. No problem at all except it costs lots if the parcel is too big. I heard they can repackage for you now. Not 100% sure though.

Just bought some stuff from them during the black Friday sales. service is good, no hassle, tracking everything is done smoothly. Items took less than a week to arrive at my place after it was shipped.

But it's quite expensive. Charged me almost $85 for one standard box size. Lucky there is the credit card discount. Paid about $56 in the end. Maybank gives the biggest discount I think.

Standard box size is about 18-20".

Just bought some stuff from them during the black Friday sales. service is good, no hassle, tracking everything is done smoothly. Items took less than a week to arrive at my place after it was shipped.

But it's quite expensive. Charged me almost $85 for one standard box size. Lucky there is the credit card discount. Paid about $56 in the end. Maybank gives the biggest discount I think.

my god..... i bought quite few items, lucky yet to buy 9 x 11 feet back ground from USA...

my items yet to reflect in VPOST after i login.... 5 days liao....

if too expensive, will use borderlinx.... heard cheaper...

also i dun have MAYBANK...

one of my item already measures 28 x 17 x 18 inch....

Vpostusa? Tried few times. No problem at all except it costs lots if the parcel is too big. I heard they can repackage for you now. Not 100% sure though.

bro thanks.... what is repackage? they dismantle??

I used to use VPOST, but an incident where they misplaced my package despite having tracking confirmation that package has arrived in their center; then having to go through a long process of ding dong; made me use Borderlinx now.

bro thanks.... what is repackage? they dismantle??
the merchandiser usually very "good", one small item pack in a very big box,
repackage means the vpost will repackage it to a smeller package box, so you save on shipping, but there is a service charge for repackage, nevertheless, you will save more on if repackage for you item is available.

if you buy a couple of items, better consolidate a few items to ship together to SG, but not to exceed S$400 (including shipping cost) in total, else you need to pay GST.

the merchandiser usually very "good", one small item pack in a very big box,
repackage means the vpost will repackage it to a smeller package box, so you save on shipping, but there is a service charge for repackage, nevertheless, you will save more on if repackage for you item is available.

if you buy a couple of items, better consolidate a few items to ship together to SG, but not to exceed S$400 (including shipping cost) in total, else you need to pay GST.

i see.... but vpost now use this: http://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/vshopCalculator?query=Calculate&country=USA&asiacountry=SG

they changed....

btw, I used to use Vpost before, but it sucks, I need to send them invoice of my items, no tracking available, take months for my item to reach me.... email, they don't know what is happening.. maybe now the improve alot on their services....

now using comgateway, am satisfy with their service, accepting Paypal too, that is one thing I like.

I am using vPost. They have improved definitely. They will ask you to declare a value for the item if no invoice is found. You can declare any value but if the value exceed S$400, you need to pay GST. So far I have not been asked to produced proof. However, I have been to the Customs at The Singapore Post. They do open up every item to see. So they will probably ask for proof if they suspect you have under-declared.

VPost service is quite good now. They will email me when item has been despatch from US, item arrives in Singapore. Recently due to festive season, they emailed to tell me that there may be delay but the item still reach me 2 working days later.

There are 2 units of measure - volume and physical weight. They will use whichever cost more. There are also discounts codes from other banks.

Last edited:

wah, update us how much the shipping fee cost later.

Used vpost once 2-3 years ago because of discount code from bank. Delivery time slower than comgateway, but still ok for me as the items are not urgent.

Now using comgateway, they use DHL so tracking can be done online. My stuff just shipped last Friday from US, reach SG today, still waiting for courier to come.

fotoudavid said:

I guess should be less than $100 ba.... :sweat:

The next best card is Uob/DBS I think.. Use the first time purchase discount. Think is $20 off..

Actually there is a calculator in vPOST website. Don't forget to take account of the base charge

I am using first time. The USA fast response send my product to sg but sg take forever to update their tracking and post for december. No invoice you have to declare the value and gst and pay promptly then they will forward the shipment. If shipment hold pass certain days they will charge storage fees. Now convenience ,you can collect at the nearest post office no need to wait.

Vpost is ok when everything is running well.

When your package goes missing prepare for a lot of ding dong and heartbreak that your package is gone and Vpost will not compensate you.

Vpost is ok when everything is running well.

When your package goes missing prepare for a lot of ding dong and heartbreak that your package is gone and Vpost will not compensate you.

Thought there is minimal insurance even if you do not opt for more. How is Borderlinx and Comgateway different in terms of insurance for lost package?