Anyone tried on Sensor Brush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's your first time DIY, I'd advise u to find a friend who has experience to show u once :)

I have ordered a set of visible dust brushes & sensor SD from David. Will feedback on the quality & ease of use once I get it. :cheers:

will it void the warranty if you tried the brush and it damaged the sensor?

will brush become dirty and ADD more dirt to the sensor instead of cleaning it?

if blow has no effect, service centre is the next choice.

sensor is quite fragile...

the sensor is actually not that fragile.

if there's still warranty, send it for cleaning at the service centre.

if there's no more warranty, D.I.Y. cleaning is alright, i even know of people who use 3M tape to stick the dust out of the sensor.

ricohflex said:
will it void the warranty if you tried the brush and it damaged the sensor?

will brush become dirty and ADD more dirt to the sensor instead of cleaning it?

It won't void the warranty, but they probably won't repair it for you even though your camera is under warranty. It's your fault if you damage the sensor when cleaning, not theirs. Its the same as dropping your camera.

Yes the brush can add dirt to the sensor if its dirty.

eikin said:
i even know of people who use 3M tape to stick the dust out of the sensor.

no kidding :bsmilie:

eikin said:
the sensor is actually not that fragile.

if there's still warranty, send it for cleaning at the service centre.

if there's no more warranty, D.I.Y. cleaning is alright, i even know of people who use 3M tape to stick the dust out of the sensor.

sensor dust cleaning is not covered, even your cam still under warranty.
besides the brush from visibledust (that cost ~$100 for one nylon brush), any cheaper ones(or course effective alternatives lah, not referring to painting brush and stuff) available?

I have used the sensor brush and here is my recommendation: Don't use canned air. I have tried it. The air that comes out is very cold and in our humid tropical environment condensation occurs. So you may be blowing wet cold air at the sensor brush. You will also notice the entire can will become wet if you keep depressing the button for about 10 seconds because the temperature of the can will drop as air escapes. I think canned air could only be used in a dry air-conditioned room or in temperate climates.

So to be on the safe side, use a handheld squeeze blower. Again I think it will be more effective if you do the blowing in a dry environment where the brush filaments will have a chance to charge up.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.