1. KSM??? What airline is that?
2. If you do not hand carry, your other choice is to check in your camera with your luggage. I never check in my camera with my luggage.
3. How do you carry your hand carry like SQ? Do you have to carry it a special way?
4. Advisable? If you dont bring the camera, how else will you take pictures?
5. Sony bag? Is it special? You can use a Nikon or Olympus bag, or a Tamac or a Lowepro.
At the end of the day, why are you worried about bringing your camera to Amsterdam?
If you have questions regarding carryon policy, why you ask CS and not the airline?
All airlines shouldn't have an issue with you carrying your camera bag as your carry on provided that it's your only carry on. KLM isn't too bad an airline. Food comes in quite generous portions. Since they all fly the same aircraft, if you're sat in one 777-300, you've set in them all.
no problems rah~ most of the time is the issue with airport security or small planes only...
i hand carried a ton of stuff back from europe.. the only time my huge camera/laptop bag was separate from me, was on a small internal flight where the bag just couldnt fit between the seats nor on the overhead compartment :X
I hand carried my cam + kit lens in a pouch, on the plane. No problems at all.
Yes, you can carry a cam around in Amsterdam no problem, just don't hang around the seedy areas too long. It helps if you are plus sized and with a monopod attached to the cam. :bsmilie: