Anyone to let me try a canon 100L IS macro ?

Corentin

Jun 14, 2014
Singapore
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 70-200L f/4 IS for my 6D and had some fun taking pics of damselflies and butterflies. But I'm limited to proxy photography only, and I'm thinking to go for macro. Precisely, I'm studying the possibility of buying the 100mm IS L.

This is why I would like to try this lens. However it has little interest to try it in a shop, and I would prefer to experiment it in "real" conditions, in order to see if buying this lens is a wise investment or not.

Is there anyone who would has this lens who and would be ready to let me try it on my body ? Since I just arrived in Singapore, I don't know a lot of photographers here yet...

Thanks =)

Corentin

you can rent it here
http://sg.camerarental.biz/Equipment/Canon.aspx?LensId=42

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 70-200L f/4 IS for my 6D and had some fun taking pics of damselflies and butterflies. But I'm limited to proxy photography only, and I'm thinking to go for macro. Precisely, I'm studying the possibility of buying the 100mm IS L.

This is why I would like to try this lens. However it has little interest to try it in a shop, and I would prefer to experiment it in "real" conditions, in order to see if buying this lens is a wise investment or not.

Is there anyone who would has this lens who and would be ready to let me try it on my body ? Since I just arrived in Singapore, I don't know a lot of photographers here yet...

Thanks =)

Corentin

Well, the problem is that if I buy the lens, I'll buy it second hand. So if I go for Canon Try'n Buy, I'll have to pay for trying. Given the fact that I'm not earning a lot, I'd prefer try it for free and keep my money for buying a lens latter.

check out see if anyone organising a macro outing. Join their outing and u might be able to try it for awhile.

Well, the problem is that if I buy the lens, I'll buy it second hand. So if I go for Canon Try'n Buy, I'll have to pay for trying. Given the fact that I'm not earning a lot, I'd prefer try it for free and keep my money for buying a lens latter.

I see, then you might also wanna consider other options... extension tubes, close up filters, reverse mounts, etc.
Yeah, joining macro outings might also be good. Can pick up some tips along the way if you meet up somebody friendly.
:)

Not earning much then consider a lower priced option. The non L macro lens is a very worthy lens.