Anyone switch from Nikon to Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am a Canon user (450D) and was wondering if anyone switched camp from Nikon to Canon? Can you share the reasons for your switch? Thanks.

Jimmy
Well, i wasn't a Nikon user at first, but when initially i wanted to buy my camera, i was abit of %100 percent towards Nikon, but later i tried Canon, looked at its specs and quality and i chose Canon over Nikon. The models i had in reference was the Nikon D60 and the Canon 450D. I woudn't say that Nikon is no good. Its a good camera too. Just like Canon. It just depends on the user who feels which camera is right for him/her. It doesn't have to depend on the brand. Depends on the lens you use, and the skill of the person behind the camera. Good composure and nice picture.

Cheers!

GMAN

Hmmz it will depend on the user's preference. But normally i see ppl jumping from canon to nikon more often then from nikon to canon. For digital to digital though. Not film to digital.

Thank you for your replies. It does seem that more switch from Canon to Nikon than vice versa.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Its a cycle and you'll know that if you stayed around longer. Not to long ago, people were ditching Nikons for Canons. Some people buy cameras not to take photos but to feel good.

Thank you all for the replies and interesting information. It seems Nikons main strength lies in the ergonomics, the accuracy of the CLS and Canon's main strength is in the range of lenses.

Will borrow a friends D300 next week to try out.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Jimmy

Some people buy cameras not to take photos but to feel good.

how can you say like that?

they buy cameras to feel good AND take photos. double the satisfaction :bsmilie:

Yes, I switched from Nikon to Canon ........................... but switched back soon after ............. it's good to be home!!;)

I'm sure that there are many who are like me... not brand loyal one :p I own Nikon, Canon, Pentax systems and a variety of bridge and compacts across the brands like Olympus, Yashica, Polariod, Ricoh, Kodak, Fuji, Sony, Panasonic Lumix... and I'm only an average hobbyist at best.:p

i don't mind switching to other brands except canon, not going to let the company i work for make $$$ out of me...even my colleague in canon prefers panny interface...

Last edited:
i don't mind switching to other brands except canon, not going to let the company i work for make $$$ out of me...even my colleague in canon prefers panny interface...

Care to elaborate more?

Ahh ... so there's no way you can get some sort of staff discount? :D

Ahh ... so there's no way you can get some sort of staff discount? :D

i can get staff price but whats the point letting them earn my money when i'm only a lowly temp staff...they are already cutting cost by hiring a cheap labour like me, besides i don't really learn much from the job.

Last edited:
Went from film Canon to film Nikon then straight to Nikon Digital, never looked back after I got rid of all the Canon stuff. Personally after my Canon experience I'll rather find another hobby then pick up a Canon again.

Was shooting Nikon film, still am. My first foray into digital was Canon's 450d. I thought I'd try something different for a change and realised how wrong I was on so many levels. Quickly switched to Nikon D300, now happily shooting with the D700, and reusing my old manual lenses, and realising just how bloody good they look on a Nikon full-frame that finally does them justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.