Anyone successfully appealed against TP summons before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully appealed against a speeding summons before. Is it possible to appeal for reduction in fine and points deducted?

Thx :)

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully appealed against a speeding summons before. Is it possible to appeal for reduction in fine and points deducted?

if you have a very good track record, i know they will give grace for running a red light...
not sure about speeding (though both are considered as moving violations)

from 6pts $xxx to 4pts $xxx
for speeding .. :bsmilie:

Me.

Stopped by TP with ticket issued stating speeding at 136km/h. Required to go court.
I not happy, since was sure I did not go that fast.
Went TP then to MP 4 times...in the end, pay $150 + 12 demerit points, no court. :devil:

Me.

Stopped by TP with ticket issued stating speeding at 136km/h. Required to go court.
I not happy, since was sure I did not go that fast.
Went TP then to MP 4 times...in the end, pay $150 + 12 demerit points, no court. :devil:

go court mean go jail? or heafty fine?

go court mean go jail? or heafty fine?

If not wrong based on what I know, go court got other risk of kana more offence of top of your existing. Example such as reckless driving because you speeding.

Court fine normally are above $600 minimun, never heard of anything less. Anyone?

Maybe no demerite points, give you suspension and ask you go study again.

And go court normally you only LL stand there hear what blar blar...no chance to fight back. In the end also LL go pay.

If not wrong based on what I know, go court got other risk of kana more offence of top of your existing. Example such as reckless driving because you speeding.

Court fine normally are above $600 minimun, never heard of anything less. Anyone?

Maybe no demerite points, give you suspension and ask you go study again.

And go court normally you only LL stand there hear what blar blar...no chance to fight back. In the end also LL go pay.

thought court is,...

accused so & so, u agree on the charges? please answer yes or no... no? ok i give u a date for next hearing...

next hearing, u agree on the charges? yes or no... no... (then upon infinity...)

(upon infinity) u agree on the charges? yes or no... wat u mean by wasting time? yes or no? so u finally agree? ok charges are... xxx multiply by infinity... please do not collect 200 at GO... :devil:

Oh well, sent in my appeal letter... *keeps fingers crossed*

Hi all,

Got caught by speed camera and went to the TP to appeal. They will listen but will tell you that they will still have to penalise you! : (

Hi all,

Heard from frenz that his mum try appeal b4 and it wk for her....guess u need realli gd and valid reasons ba...

Not worth appealing at the end of the day still will kanna summon, had tried about 5 times and success rate=0%, however if luck on your side may get a reduction amount/points. Imho not worth the trouble.

In the past it was possible to "bargain" for any offences .... but i realised since maybe 10 yr ago, it is very little you can do with such summones. Even the police will advise you to pay the compound amount and not risk further. This is what the top people believe to be governing efficiency in place of fair justice ... if everyone can "bargain" then they will need a big department with tens of officers just to listen to one and everyone's plea! Just visit one of those centres in KL, JB or Jkt ...
Well you gain some, you lose some.:bsmilie:

Oh well, sent in my letter as well as personal particulars form. Have yet to hear from TP leh.. still no reply will have to call them tomorrow. Anyway, already put aside the $150, but you never know la...wish me luck :sweatsm:

Not worth appealing at the end of the day still will kanna summon, had tried about 5 times and success rate=0%, however if luck on your side may get a reduction amount/points. Imho not worth the trouble.

Not worth? :think:
Suppose your summon is light offence only or you do not use your license to earn a living.

For those always on the road, where demerit points concern and if you really did not commit the offence, it is not troublesome.

thought court is,...

accused so & so, u agree on the charges? please answer yes or no... no? ok i give u a date for next hearing...

next hearing, u agree on the charges? yes or no... no... (then upon infinity...)

(upon infinity) u agree on the charges? yes or no... wat u mean by wasting time? yes or no? so u finally agree? ok charges are... xxx multiply by infinity... please do not collect 200 at GO... :devil:

you kanan such b4 huh.. :think::sweatsm::sweatsm:

there was once i received a registered mail notice from the TP and i forgot to collect.
when i finally went to the post office, they said that it was returned to the TP already

that was the last i heard about that registered mail. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.