Anyone subscribed Starhub HD channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

Apr 30, 2003
Land Downunder
Visit site
Hi,

Been debating whether to go into the HD channels at Starhub, which at the moment only includes Discovery HD and NatGeo HD channels. To be honest, these are all I want anyway. I do have a HD-Ready flat panel, although not the full 1080 resolution.

I am required to buy the HD set top box at $299 (not $99 since I am on existing contract).

If you are a subscriber, can you comment on your experience so far with these 2 channels, such as the quality of the signals, any video/audio out of sync experience, and your overall satisfaction with these channels.

Thanks for sharing. I want to know if Starhub is ready before I plonk down good money on the set top box and $15+/mth subscription.

you are paying more for less. 299 for 2 HD chanels, dun get con.

you are paying more for less. 299 for 2 HD chanels, dun get con.

Well, the $299 is just for the box, which can also be used to receive existing SD programmes. The subscription to receive the 2 HD channels (Discovery and NatGeo) will cost another $15 a month.

Well, the $299 is just for the box, which can also be used to receive existing SD programmes. The subscription to receive the 2 HD channels (Discovery and NatGeo) will cost another $15 a month.
beside that i believe one have to subscribe to another 3 channel(non-HD) right?
if yes, i guess total damage would be about $299 + $45/mth. :sweat:

I was a participant of the Starhub HD trial last year and I have signed on to these two channels.

The quality of the images are certainly excellent - I think slightly better than the stuff you see at the Harvey Normans and Best Denkis.

Sound quality wise... I can't really tell the difference. Then again I am not picky with sound quality.

If you watch Nat Geo & Discovery on a regular basis, go for it. Just note that the programs are different from the regular Nat Geo & Discover Channels. The variety on HD are limited at the moment but I think it will improve.

beside that i believe one have to subscribe to another 3 channel(non-HD) right?
if yes, i guess total damage would be about $299 + $45/mth. :sweat:

Well, I am already on the other SD (ie, non-HD) channels so I didn't count that. Yeah, I guess you are kind of right. If you are a new subscriber, you will need to subcribe to min. 3 basic groups which is $21. So, total $21+$15.75=$36.75 (GST incl.) for new subscribers, based on what I can see on the website.

I was a participant of the Starhub HD trial last year and I have signed on to these two channels.

The quality of the images are certainly excellent - I think slightly better than the stuff you see at the Harvey Normans and Best Denkis.

Sound quality wise... I can't really tell the difference. Then again I am not picky with sound quality.

If you watch Nat Geo & Discovery on a regular basis, go for it. Just note that the programs are different from the regular Nat Geo & Discover Channels. The variety on HD are limited at the moment but I think it will improve.

Thanks for sharing KLCHUA. May I know the resolution of your screen? Is it full HD resolution?

I just sign up for the smart tv recently, don't think going into HD so fast. Wait till the price more reasonable then go in. Still have to pay $15 mthly, forget abt it la. :thumbsd:

I just sign up for the smart tv recently, don't think going into HD so fast. Wait till the price more reasonable then go in. Still have to pay $15 mthly, forget abt it la. :thumbsd:

But then I have been waiting for HD for so many years, now that it is here and within reach, I am really gian to get on the bandwagon. :embrass:

But then I have been waiting for HD for so many years, now that it is here and within reach, I am really gian to get on the bandwagon. :embrass:
im also very itchy... but the additional cost of $37+ per mth make me think twice... non of my family member are heavy TV-watcher. :)

Will your eyes benefit by watching HD??? I suppose not, right? Although HD are damn solid, even at 576p, DVD look a lot better than SD shown to us but for now, only 2 channels, no point. Wait la, since u already waited for so long liao, right? ;)

My own experience electronic stuffs and other gadgets.

Before you own any thing, you sure love to get it. After you own them, you sure will use it for some time. After some time of playing with it, you will be sick of it and hardly use it. In the end, you mostly sell it, haha! :bsmilie:

Before you own any thing, you sure love to get it. After you own them, you sure will use it for some time. After some time of playing with it, you will be sick of it and hardly use it. In the end, you mostly sell it, haha! :bsmilie:
its a HYPE, just like dSLR. :bsmilie: :embrass:

Will your eyes benefit by watching HD??? I suppose not, right? Although HD are damn solid, even at 576p, DVD look a lot better than SD shown to us but for now, only 2 channels, no point. Wait la, since u already waited for so long liao, right? ;)

Thanks BBTM, those are very good advice. OK lah....see how long I can tong...(resist...) :sweat:

actually i have seen the NG HD channel (my dad subscribes)
if you like NG, i'd say BBB
the picture and sound quality is :bigeyes:

i just bought another 2 games from play-asia... u should have told me earlier... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.