Anyone still doing or interested in Large Format?

Thanks for chiming in Clown!

Does that mean the trans would be destroyed?

Where does one get drum scan oil from?

Let's stick with the SG River area, unless there are better suggestions.

It's indeed a vision come true for the few people here
who wants to revive the LF group when they are able
to keep check on the things they have to do first.

Our vision will not be realised and can be destroyed
by strong, dogmatic people.

It would served the new comers (pissock,
aloyyolaaloy, Yoricko and yilishengxian)
to be more interested in the group and its future
activities when the founders are absolutely certain about
what they want to do in the first meeting.

----------------------------------------------------
When they understand what hinders a vision
they won't allow the problem to go on. :nono:
One thing for sure, we see things, not as they are,
but as we are.

:);)

Yea, after the oil scanning trans can throw away and best oil to use is Johnson baby oil. LOL. Just clowning.
Oil scanning is commonly know as wet scan.
You need special solution for that purpose. As in any scanning first problem is dust and with wet scan you also have air trap/bubble. For the first, best is to use a anti static gun(one that comes with clean air blower) to clean the trans and scanner surface. Cheaper is to get a special anti static brush.
Apply solution to the surfaces with film emulsion down and gently roll out all air bubble if any before scanning.
For more info please google "wet scan for Epson V750" should be able to obtain plenty of useful info. It better than for me to write looong story lah.:bsmilie:
For the get together, meeting at 4.30pm may be a bit late if you want to spend some time in the Mac before the shoot and I presume that you spend an hour talking/demo.
Don't forget that this is not a quickie photo shoot, I'm sure our friends will have plenty of questions during the camera setup.
Best time for shooting in that area start from about 3.30pm to about 5.30pm.
After that some portion of the river i.e the old shophouses along the bank may in the shadow.
For week day, another good time for twilight will be 7-7.30pm with nice glo from the CBD offices.

:cheers:

Sure not a problem, so lets meet at 330pm, at Funan McDonalds. I will bring a small light box for people who whish to see some trans of LF. Those who has lightbox, also bring along, cos mine is only big enough to fit 1 trans at a time. :embrass:

I've shot some picts along singapore river this noon, around 2pm - 4pm.
The films still in lab for developing & scanning, I'll upload some picts tomorrow night.

So.. this is the area that we'll be shooting at:

3735625928_cf62c73af6_o.jpg

3734828777_6bc4628209_o.jpg

3734830051_b25a2178f4_o.jpg

I think this area is not bad :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time and effort pisscok! Mighty kind of you. :)

Nice area. When is it going to take place again?

1) foxtwo, sinar f1 + 75mm (tentative, but will try my best to make it )
2) DM (TBC): horseman mono, 65mm, 150mm, will be shooting rollfilm but can bring extra 4x5 holders in case anyone needs. Expired trans though.
3) sweat100, Omega view 45D, 127mm and 180mm. Will bring 6x7, 6x9 and Polaroid film holder. Expired trans as well.
4) pisscok (Coming for hands-on session)
5) aloyyolaaloy (coming for hands-on )
6) Yoricko (Yay for hands-on session! )
7) yilishengxian (can I join in for hands-on? wanna get one of these too, but must know how they work ...)
8) quoppy (Newbie, so hands-on)
9)
10)

Oh wow, I was just asking my friend if Singapore has any LF photographers. Very interested, and hope to learn a lot from all the pros who will be going. :)

Can I drop by too? I hope this isn't too late.

1) foxtwo, sinar f1 + 75mm (tentative, but will try my best to make it )
2) DM (TBC): horseman mono, 65mm, 150mm, will be shooting rollfilm but can bring extra 4x5 holders in case anyone needs. Expired trans though.
3) sweat100, Omega view 45D, 127mm and 180mm. Will bring 6x7, 6x9 and Polaroid film holder. Expired trans as well.
4) pisscok (Coming for hands-on session)
5) aloyyolaaloy (coming for hands-on )
6) Yoricko (Yay for hands-on session! )
7) yilishengxian (can I join in for hands-on? wanna get one of these too, but must know how they work ...)
8) quoppy (Newbie, so hands-on)
9) chendol (complete newbie!)
10)

Welcome quoppy and chendol! :)

Toyofield45AII.jpg

This Toyo field 45AII camera used by one of my LF buddy
during an outing at the water front. Currently the owner
of this camera is relocated back in Japan. :(

Welcome quoppy and chendol! :)

Giving a warm friendly welcome is moving towards the
essential ability of having communication with everyone.

Giving new members to feel that they are already a part
of the group is leading them to take ownership of their
intention of joining in the first outing.

To Quoppy & Chendol,

Congratulation to both of you for your brave effort in
putting down your intention to be a part of this
new exciting LF group! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
26th July Sunday at 4.30 pm right? I have got something from 11 - 3 pm. Will try to be there. Who do i contact or who do i leave my HP number with?

Thanks.

Sure not a problem, so lets meet at 330pm, at Funan McDonalds. I will bring a small light box for people who whish to see some trans of LF. Those who has lightbox, also bring along, cos mine is only big enough to fit 1 trans at a time. :embrass:

Hi Jace,

We're meeting earlier at 3.30pm, Funan Macs to provide ample time for the intro session.

Sweat's the organizer for this outing. ;)

Will be looking forward to this Sunday! Thanks Dream Merchant and quoppy for the warm welcome. :D

Hi all, I have sent a PM to everyone in the list who is attending about the details and my contact info. Would need your help to reply. :) See all soon!