anyone stayed in Western Australia Albany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisduck

Deregistered
Apr 1, 2008
Hi People,

I am planning a trip to perth and am looking for accomodations, prefably 2 bedroom apartment for 4 adults and a baby.

I have finalised all my accomodations in perth and margaret river but I can't seem to find a suitable well reviewed accomodation in Albany.

Anyone been there before and can recommend me a good place to stay? My budget is around $300 AUD for 4 persons.

Margaret river.. u can try waterfall cottage.. nice and spacious

Hi People,

I am planning a trip to perth and am looking for accomodations, prefably 2 bedroom apartment for 4 adults and a baby.

I have finalised all my accomodations in perth and margaret river but I can't seem to find a suitable well reviewed accomodation in Albany.

Anyone been there before and can recommend me a good place to stay? My budget is around $300 AUD for 4 persons.

Margaret river.. u can try waterfall cottage.. nice and spacious

interesting, my sis-in-law stayed at waterfall cottage too last year. But we already booked out accomodations for margaret river. Now I need some recommendations for Albany. Albany not that popular?

i stayed at comfort inn when i was in albany.. not that great.. but it's near the city

interesting, my sis-in-law stayed at waterfall cottage too last year. But we already booked out accomodations for margaret river. Now I need some recommendations for Albany. Albany not that popular?

stay in comfort inn too

some details:

191 Albany Highway Albany Western Australia 6330
Tel : 618 9841 4144

A$ 123/room - 2 nights

can go see whale world, light house, and edge of the antarctica.

on the way, u shall see tree top walk, 'two Oceans meet', Cape Leeuwin at magaret river.

I stayed at Denmark instead of Albany. There are several accomodations along the beach road (can't remember the exact name). Still think Margaret River is the best among the various destinations (Perth, Pemberton, Albany, Denmark). You should spend more time there....

I stayed at Denmark instead of Albany. There are several accomodations along the beach road (can't remember the exact name). Still think Margaret River is the best among the various destinations (Perth, Pemberton, Albany, Denmark). You should spend more time there....

why is Margaret river better? I am having second thoughts about driving to albany as the road trip from albany to perth seems to be rather long and I am bringing along a baby.

some webites say the driving time from albany to perth is 4 hours. Some say it takes 6 hours. how long did u guys take?

I am thinking of going albany for the coastline and mountain. The only mountain in WA is near there right? nothing much to see in Albany?

Last edited:
i stayed at comfort inn when i was in albany.. not that great.. but it's near the city

thanks. it does not offer family apartments. but it looks very accesible from the highway. Looks quite a big place.

I may consider staying. BTW, u mean not that great. anything wrong? Is the toilet clean? how OLD looking is the place?

why is Margaret river better? I am having second thoughts about driving to albany as the road trip from albany to perth seems to be rather long and I am bringing along a baby.

some webites say the driving time from albany to perth is 4 hours. Some say it takes 6 hours. how long did u guys take?

I am thinking of going albany for the coastline and mountain. The only mountain in WA is near there right? nothing much to see in Albany?

Margaret river has more factory, u can drop by to shop or taste their local products such as cheese, ice-cream, sweets, etc. think berry farm, mammoth cave is near margaret river. sandal wood factory in Albany?

Augusta W.A. very beautiful

ya, the journey from albany to perth is very long. i suppose that it's ard 6 hours.

comfort

Last edited:
Generally ok and clean lah.. compare to margaret river waterfall cottage.. no fight lor..

thanks. it does not offer family apartments. but it looks very accesible from the highway. Looks quite a big place.

I may consider staying. BTW, u mean not that great. anything wrong? Is the toilet clean? how OLD looking is the place?

Its about avg of 5 hours drive from Perth to Albany, depending on traffic condition of Albany highway.

Try to look for accomodations near middleton beach or Emu point in Albany, nice surroundings, some offer beach front views.

If you haven't driven in this part of the world before, just watch out for wildlife when driving at night (don't ever try to swerve if you think you will hit wildlife, just step on the brakes and keep your steering wheels straight) Becareful when overtaking roadtrains on this highway. But don't forget to enjoy the scenic drive.

I have decided to book flinders park lodge... it is very near a cemetary :sweat: .... but the reviews of the place is very good... so hopefully it will be nice.

thanks for all the advice. hopefully my baby girl will not be too naughty.

Its about avg of 5 hours drive from Perth to Albany, depending on traffic condition of Albany highway.

Try to look for accomodations near middleton beach or Emu point in Albany, nice surroundings, some offer beach front views.

If you haven't driven in this part of the world before, just watch out for wildlife when driving at night (don't ever try to swerve if you think you will hit wildlife, just step on the brakes and keep your steering wheels straight) Becareful when overtaking roadtrains on this highway. But don't forget to enjoy the scenic drive.

My advice is to avoid driving at night

ya I don't drive at night usually overseas.

They say try not to drive during sunset times also as the kangeroos are more active during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.