Anyone stayed in Copthorne Orchid Hotel in Penang before?

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Going for a short gastronomical trip to Penang, and as gf has staff rate for this hotel, we'll be staying for almost FOC..

Anyone has any comment about this hotel in terms of cleanliness, accessibility? I'll most prob be taking cab around the island..

Going for a short gastronomical trip to Penang, and as gf has staff rate for this hotel, we'll be staying for almost FOC..

Anyone has any comment about this hotel in terms of cleanliness, accessibility? I'll most prob be taking cab around the island..

since your gf can get staff link, she should able to ask her connections your questoins.

foc cannot be choosy
copthorne as a brand should be respectable
recall my stay in penang was in a haunted hotel.....

since your gf can get staff link, she should able to ask her connections your questoins.

My gf works for an airline, and this is one of her crew hotel.. However she does not know anybody from the hotel. By emailing or call the hotel staffs isn't much of a use because they will of course say that their hotel is good and all..

foc cannot be choosy
copthorne as a brand should be respectable
recall my stay in penang was in a haunted hotel.....

Wahhh.. bro, mind sharing your experience? You can PM me the hotel name if you want :)

Stayed here for 2 weeks in August 2005. Can honestly say that have never been made to feel more welcome in an overseas hotel. apartments barcelona renting

Thank kietgnoel..

I went for the trip in Jan..

Hotel staffs are very warm. But apart from that, it's one of the worst hotel I've ever stayed in terms of the price range and star rating.

It's so old that the superior room I was given has a very mouldy smell.. there were so much dust at the corner of the room, the cupboards, I thought nobody clean it.. They offered to spray air freshener though.. Then I requested for a change of room, but because I checked in during evening time, they only have 1 more superior room left, which is only marginally better.. So they gave me a free upgrade to the deluxe.. It's better, but nothing much to shout about.

If not for my gf's company discount, I doubt we will return to the hotel the next time.