Anyone sign up to be driver for IMF event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
not sure if it's confidential (dont think so since newspaper put that house-wife's face) but I'm just curious if any CSers signed up to get to play drivers in the 7, 5 & 3 series....

I'd sign up but I didnt know abt the event...

Rev said:
not sure if it's confidential (dont think so since newspaper put that house-wife's face) but I'm just curious if any CSers signed up to get to play drivers in the 7, 5 & 3 series....

sounds like fun, i also wanna be driver... :devil:

you mean anybody can sign-up to be one? i don't mind leh...

You have to go through a screening process and there is also a test. Missed my chance.

Just to share...

One Merc cab driver I spoke to told me the organisers offerred to pay $12.50/hr to those recruited as driver. This cabby said its peanuts compared to what he can earn by driving cab on usual days.

should ferry those delegates ard on tt wacky Duck Tour 4-wheel cruiser (dunno actual name)... :bsmilie:

zha said:
Just to share...

One Merc cab driver I spoke to told me the organisers offerred to pay $12.50/hr to those recruited as driver. This cabby said its peanuts compared to what he can earn by driving cab on usual days.

newspaper came out a few months ago. its $9/hr.
its not really the pay, but the chance for those to drive BMW 7 series car.
they have to go for some course on the BMW car also.

auron said:

should be going sepang to learn defensive driving liao... :cool:

but den buy a BMW also can go learn liao... i wonder who will be enticed to go... wats the working hours like?

auron said:

After the event, you will see many 2nd hand BMW 7 in B&S forum. :bsmilie:

jeffhiew said:
After the event, you will see many 2nd hand BMW 7 in B&S forum. :bsmilie:

Think BMW are offering a certain amount off the cars that are used in the IMF, should be a few thousands off IIRC..

my friend got the job. pays $10/hr. driving a stripped down version of the 7 series.

I tot is $9/hr..somemore have to drive 12-16 hours..if required the pay goes slightly higher to $12/hr..

The good think is u get to drive a BMW 7series.

Those BMWs are all brand new and if i'm not wrong they all have owners liao..purchase at special rate..

Didn't noe got the defensive driving course conducted, else will surely take up..imagine drifting in a BMW 7series..cool!

screening is strict. out of 1700 interested, only 600 selected. then, undergo training and validation from bmw. $ wise, no big deal.

Here we go again...sounds familiar...it's not really the price, but a chance for you to expand your portfolio...:bsmilie:

auron said:

we are just labour for the ruling party...to impress and attract all the supposed "foreign talents"... we are all just labourers to attract the potential investors, etc...and to continue their elitism and affluences

I have nothing against more FT, but if you have work and hear enough of how the government sectors operate and hire... If the FT are able to prove themselves, then it's great, but lots of them are just bull, and the best thing is, our government are into them, lock stock and barrel, they look so far, but the potential pool are right in front of them. There is just no creativity in the governance. We have to get overseas artists, overseas architects....don't degrade yourselves

blazer_workz said:
I tot is $9/hr..somemore have to drive 12-16 hours..if required the pay goes slightly higher to $12/hr..

Those BMWs are all brand new and if i'm not wrong they all have owners liao..purchase at special rate..

Didn't noe got the defensive driving course conducted, else will surely take up..imagine drifting in a BMW 7series..cool!

yar.. the BMWs are got owner liao... all got special discounts... the owner will not get their cars, the cars will only be delivered to them after the IMF event.

don't think got defensive driving course lah... more like a course to familiar the driver on how to operate these high tech cars...
later the delegate ask the driver, can switch radio channel or not and the driver went "huh!"...

auron said:
yar.. the BMWs are got owner liao... all got special discounts... the owner will not get their cars, the cars will only be delivered to them after the IMF event.

don't think got defensive driving course lah... more like a course to familiar the driver on how to operate these high tech cars...
later the delegate ask the driver, can switch radio channel or not and the driver went "huh!"...

ICIC..:D

blazer_workz said:

Why do you need an advanced driving course when the max. speed you will drive is at 90 kmh.? Also, ministers are paid $1m ++++ and drivers get paid $9 per hour?

What's so good about driving 7 series 2.8l.? Why not 6.0 l then got fun!

Rev said:

lol! apparently everyone i know remembers the housewife only! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.