Anyone shooting slides with a compact camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
e.g. Ricoh GR1V or Olympus mju-II? Would the quality be as good as can be expected from SLRs?

I've shot slides using a Contax T3 before and gotten very good results. Oni thing is i wish i could have manually set the iso. GR1v allows manual setting of iso though.

Thanks. How much does a camera like Contax T3 cost? I've asked for equotes from Cathay but it has been quite a few days and I'm still waiting...

I think it costs around $1100+..... can't remember. Cheapest is a 2nd hand one i saw at TCW for $830 i think.

Originally posted by mpenza
Thanks. How much does a camera like Contax T3 cost? I've asked for equotes from Cathay but it has been quite a few days and I'm still waiting...

Originally posted by Derrick
I think it costs around $1100+..... can't remember. Cheapest is a 2nd hand one i saw at TCW for $830 i think.

hmm... that's expensve. Guess I would probably settle for a Ricoh GR1V. now have to wait till bonus, if any...

me too. i shoot provia and velvia with my Yashica T4. results are quite good... can show you some samples if you interested...

Yah, I should try too. can test the mjuII exposure since it had spot metering....

Can't find black one now....:cry:

Not as flashy as champagne one when use for street photography.

My first try with slides were with the mjuII (well, that was my only camera then :D). Shot provia400f and provia100f. A number of underexposed shots but thats probably me :embrass: . Its fully auto, but I think you can choose those scene modes, eg. night scene for slow shutter speeds. If you can still get it for $88, its not a bargain, its a steal! ;)
Of course, if you have the dough, and don't mind a little wider (28mm vs 35mm), and love the control, then the GR1v would be great...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Ninja

I think K-13 at Peninsular Plaza 2nd Floor still selling the black version at $155-$160.

Great! IMHO the date is not useful as it position eats too much into the pictures.

Will check it out sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.