Anyone ship Fed Ex or UPS before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oswin

Sep 4, 2006
I just checked on Fed Ex Singapore website that it costs $282 to ship a 1.5k package to Brazil :eek:

Is this right? I think many people ship via Fed Ex right? If it is this expensive, who the heck will use it :p

Anyone have experience? or is SingPost the only viable option?

well, its normally these price...

you can check dhl, tnt etc for quotes. but will be roughly the same. Singpost will transfer to EMS when shipping overseas.

Shipping to Brazil is expensive.

If you need certainty of arrival then Fed Ex is the way to go.

Be sure that the items you are sending are not subject to tax in Brazil. Their customs are a nightmare. Make sure you declare everything otherwise they will impose penalties. The cost may be more than 280 SGD if some taxes are added.

Singpost is Ok, but you cannot trust the Brazilian side. Your package may disapear if it is of some value.

Good luckin your choice of postal service.

It's quite normal for express packages actually. The price for getting your things there fast (the keyword here is fast). If you can wait a while, you can try other courier services like TNT or Nippon Express. Anything heavier than a kilo is considered quite heavy in courier terms already, and Brazil happens to be quite a hard remote place to get to from Singapore, hence the price.

You can check Singpost rates here.
http://www.singpost.com/quick_services/quicks_02postage_cal.asp
Speedpost will cost you at least $100+.

Damn, I checked DHL and TNT too. They are all around this price. :(

Items will be lost in Brazil side? Oh mannn, wonder what my buyer would do if that happens... :dunno:

Btw, what's EMS? Is that the local Brazilian post office?

It's quite normal for express packages actually. The price for getting your things there fast (the keyword here is fast). If you can wait a while, you can try other courier services like TNT or Nippon Express. Anything heavier than a kilo is considered quite heavy in courier terms already, and Brazil happens to be quite a hard remote place to get to from Singapore, hence the price.

You can check Singpost rates here.
http://www.singpost.com/quick_services/quicks_02postage_cal.asp
Speedpost will cost you at least $100+.

Normally I ship with Speedpost Air Parcel. It takes 12-15 days to US/UK which is acceptable to me. But to Brazil, it takes about 15-17 days. :(

So I'm just checking other options. But it seems like there are not other options! The item I am shipping is worth SGD$300 (Equivalent of Fed Ex Shipping Cost)

Normally I ship with Speedpost Air Parcel. It takes 12-15 days to US/UK which is acceptable to me. But to Brazil, it takes about 15-17 days. :(

So I'm just checking other options. But it seems like there are not other options! The item I am shipping is worth SGD$300 (Equivalent of Fed Ex Shipping Cost)

thats life, i've shipped things thats worth alot lesser than the cost of shipping, but just not practical for them to fly down to collect and neither me going over to deliver.

thats life, i've shipped things thats worth alot lesser than the cost of shipping, but just not practical for them to fly down to collect and neither me going over to deliver.

Thanks for the advice everyone! :thumbsup:

I post stuff to Brazil via Sing post. Usually cost about $18. Takes about 18 days.

I post stuff to Brazil via Sing post. Usually cost about $18. Takes about 18 days.

Anything lost yet so far bro? What kind of items have you shipped? Any electronics?

Anything lost yet so far bro? What kind of items have you shipped? Any electronics?

So far have not lost anything yet. The last round I sent over the C&C game and it got there in one piece. This round I sent over my Photography Projects... Yet to get there. So I'd say it's quite reliable.

for electronics. You will have to take a more secure route. You should take DHL or FEDex. Electronics are expensive in Brazil. So it's not secure to go by Singpost.

for electronics. You will have to take a more secure route. You should take DHL or FEDex. Electronics are expensive in Brazil. So it's not secure to go by Singpost.

Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I didn't charge enough for Fed Ex shipping prices. I will check with the buyer if he wants to top up for Fed Ex. He'll probably think I am just asking for more money :cry:

Unfortunately, I didn't charge enough for Fed Ex shipping prices. I will check with the buyer if he wants to top up for Fed Ex. He'll probably think I am just asking for more money :cry:

too bad...

most of the time, i offer only FOB, then customer will ask CIF, i say will check...

My Friend in Brazil did tell me that electronic products cost SGD$10 in singapore... it cost USD30 there.

NEVER EVER USE UPS!!! Their handling of electronics and fragile packages is atrocious and if the product in question breaks coz of rough handling during shipping they say its your problem and not reimburse you despite buying insurance to cover such an event!

NEVER EVER USE UPS!!! Their handling of electronics and fragile packages is atrocious and if the product in question breaks coz of rough handling during shipping they say its your problem and not reimburse you despite buying insurance to cover such an event!

That's why have to hope UPS and FED EX dun merge... end up as Fedup Express. :think:

Wow, thats pretty bad especially considering the price they charge for the service....

Wow, thats pretty bad especially considering the price they charge for the service....

yea they screwed me of about US$400 when they shipped and damaged my pc back from the US!;( Fedex also once when they delivered a package to me they just ring the bell once and dump the package on the floor and left without waiting for someone to answer. Lucky i heard the dog barking otherwise my package could have been stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.