Anyone seen something that resembles a tornado on 28th Apr at Ponggol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
I wasn't around the area, but my family who drove around ponggol, yio chu kang area saw extreme weather condition, and something that resembles a tornado.

My sis's testimonial was the clouds are so dark it look like smoke from fire, all the clouds seems to vertex to one location in the far horizon where there's a 'tube' like thing which extended towards the ground. Behind them the sky was really clear and sunset like none they've seen before, so orangy and bright.

Was wondering if anyone here seen the same thing.

Din see it. But i saw the sky turn into an orange glow at 7pm plus today.

Could be a water spout. I have seen it once, when I was with my dad on a boat off Ubin. Was in open waters, past Tekong.

Yes, saw it. Looks like a big fire with huge plumes of smoke going up into the sky (looks like volcanic eruption). I took some pictures, was looking at the screen when the cable to the camera tripped.... and the cf card got corrupted..... sigh..... :cry: :cry:

Jimbotan said:
Yes, saw it. Looks like a big fire with huge plumes of smoke going up into the sky (looks like volcanic eruption). I took some pictures, was looking at the screen when the cable to the camera tripped.... and the cf card got corrupted..... sigh..... :cry: :cry:

Oh my! That's what my sis describe to me!

You tried to photograph that and such unfortunate thing happened?
Is it a sign of the end of days? :think:

erm, i think u have juz described the 'fire' i can see from my place on most nites.. its comin from this refinery from across the narrow strait of water where punggol beach is.

some nites, it appears brighter, some nites, not so bright.. depends.. and yea.. the clouds do extend high up into the sky till sometimes its hovering over sengkang and jln kayu..

It was just beautiful this evening..too much in awe to go down and shoot.:embrass: really amazing sky , clouds as dark as black smoke and looks like tornado or something

DSC_0963.jpg

Only one shaky shot:embrass: , too bad the block in front was blocking the damn view...sigh...

yeah.. very dark sky on one side and bright on the other. is it an omen? :)

its has the doomsday feeling to me, the pic seems to shows a source of the chain column , is the air polluted ?

its has the doomsday feeling to me, the pic seems to shows a source of the chain column , is the air polluted ?

afbug said:
Din see it. But i saw the sky turn into an orange glow at 7pm plus today.
I was in the eastbound MRT and when it emerged from the tunnel before Kallang, the sky was almost multicoloured!! Beautiful.. Too bad the train was a little crowded, otherwise, I'll probably give it a shot with my coolpix when the train is stationary. The view from Paya Lebar was better but still somewhat blocked.. :(

haha...hmm...very true... yupz...too bad i was nt at home at tat moment..or i will out shooting..haha.

I did saw something that was like a tornado from my blk at serangoon..but didn't get to shoot it...but did get shots of the lovely sunset colours..totally amazing...like heaven came out right after the rain..

orangeblue1_small_.jpg

wide1_small_.jpg

(this is abit over dramaticized... ;p )

Status
Not open for further replies.