Anyone seen or heard of Tamron SP AF28-105MM F/2.8 LD Aspherical (IF)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
I read about this lens on the net, but have not seen it in Singapore. Anyone used or seen this lens before? Its supposed to be old lens. Any feedback regarding quality? On FM, its got extreme mix of reviews.

How much is it in Singapore and where can I get it?

Thanks
Max 2.8

got such lens ?
I'm a tamron fan

good range to have :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It is a very old, very huge, very heavy and very solid lens. The filter size is a whopping 82mm. But already discontinued liao.

Some says its sharp and contrasty, like L lens... Some says its total crap... I wanna try it...always feel 28/24-70 is a little short...

Some reviews I read about it is that the Canon copies tend to be sharper, I tried a few nikon ones, they are soft at wide open.

feel like getting one to shoot wedding with my future 5D...he he

for the past 3 years, only 1 is sold here in CS...and its Nikon mount.

Dunmind the price if its sharp and contrasty....the only thing I may regret is the speed...I am spoilt by Canon's USM.

I believe so, I've given up 2 or 3 Tamron lens, even though Tamron's sharpness is incredible, because of noisy and slow AF.

can't even find...now...

If you are interested, I can get but I got no time to go down and do a proper test on them until next week.

TMC said:
If you are interested, I can get but I got no time to go down and do a proper test on them until next week.

No lah..not important lah.... Thanks for offering the help...I believe I reject Tamron's AF...
thought can find 2nd hand here and try...

I've used one about 4-5 yrs back. I believe this lens is discontinued. The lens I tried was soft and focused like the motor was about to die any moment. It would "think" for a while during focusing. All the tamron lenses of this vintage (those I have used) including the 70-300 focus like they have retired from life.

The newer tamron lenses are worlds apart from this one.

sriram said:
I've used one about 4-5 yrs back. I believe this lens is discontinued. The lens I tried was soft and focused like the motor was about to die any moment. It would "think" for a while during focusing. All the tamron lenses of this vintage (those I have used) including the 70-300 focus like they have retired from life.

The newer tamron lenses are worlds apart from this one.

The lens has not been discontinued but it is available only in Minolta and Nikon mount.
Refer to http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/28105mm.asp
I bought a new one recently and find it fast and sharp enough.
The focus ring only does 1/8 turn from MFD to infinity.

thanks!

Can give a in-depth review? no one care about this lens, but i see great potential in it. Sample pixs?

AncientMariner said:
The lens has not been discontinued but it is available only in Minolta and Nikon mount.
Refer to http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/28105mm.asp
I bought a new one recently and find it fast and sharp enough.
The focus ring only does 1/8 turn from MFD to infinity.
Hmm... they must have updated the lens. The one I used was canon mount and very sluggish.. but that was years back. Did you see the list price on their website: $1,417.95 !! Any idea about the street price?

sriram said:
Hmm... they must have updated the lens. The one I used was canon mount and very sluggish.. but that was years back. Did you see the list price on their website: $1,417.95 !! Any idea about the street price?

Mine's Minolta mount. Got it for $1045.
Depends on what you compare it with e.g. agst my KM 50mm f1.4, it is sluggish but I like its range.
For pics see:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1766915#post1766915
Pls excuse my clumsy attempts but I am easily contented.

Status
Not open for further replies.