Anyone seen a copy of Sigma 30mm f1.4?

cromdeg

Aug 18, 2008
Hello everyone. I'm looking for above mentioned lens. Is this available in Singapore? I'm currently out of town but will be flying back to Singapore in July. If you happen to see them in shops, kindly share the shop, price (if available). Many thanks.

Hello everyone. I'm looking for above mentioned lens. Is this available in Singapore? I'm currently out of town but will be flying back to Singapore in July. If you happen to see them in shops, kindly share the shop, price (if available). Many thanks.

Orient photo got one,call to check 63391035. Good luck!

Orient photo got one,call to check 63391035. Good luck!

Thanks. Will send them an email. I hope they would still have stock when i get there in july.

I did see one from the price guides. How was your copy though? Did you have to test several copies to get a good one?

The 1st copy i tested was ok. no BF/FF problem :cool:

some test shots at the shop and one at home, all wide open
1)
4727587682_90c93c666f_b.jpg

2)
4726943301_51bc553dc1_b.jpg

3)
4726943503_23d1247816_b.jpg

4)
4726944177_b29874d306_b.jpg

Seems pretty good. My fren can get me a Sigma 30mm F1.4 without HSM from the States. With and without HSM, does it makes a big difference since my K-x has built in stabiliser?

Seems pretty good. My fren can get me a Sigma 30mm F1.4 without HSM from the States. With and without HSM, does it makes a big difference since my K-x has built in stabiliser?

Hsm is meant for fast and silent focusing. OSM is for optical stabilization. Most lens manufacturer doesn't include stabilization on 30mm. More or less they only install it in longer ones. ;)

Thanks for the pictures :) Looks like a keeper. Hopefully i'd be as lucky when i get one.

Pentax mount will not have HSM (i think this is a good thing, one less thing to break). wish it had quick shift though.

The pentax one also has you can go check andorame or b&h photo video both selling the pentax one with HSM...

The lens is labeled the same for all mounts from their site. But looking at Sigma official site, and review from Photozone, the Pentax mount does not have HSM :(. I was excited when i first saw the lens from Adorama site, but then realized it didnt have HSM and QuickShift (QS would have been handy when taking videos).

Really ...:think:

anyway for video i always switch to MF before i start shooting ... as you can't use the af function while recording right ?
tried pressing the af button also does not work ...

Really ...:think:

anyway for video i always switch to MF before i start shooting ... as you can't use the af function while recording right ?
tried pressing the af button also does not work ...

Yup, can't use AF... but with QS, no need to switch and can AF before shooting (i'm lazy hehehe). But still, this lens seems have good potential for taking video (normal FL and thin DOF for isolation) and also for general people-shooting.

Who has seen this Sigma 30mm F1.4 w/o HSM? My fren can get it at about S$400 as a 2nd hand piece. Worth the $$$ since local shops are selling at more than $700 for the new version?

Sigma30mmF14withoutHSM.jpg

Who has seen this Sigma 30mm F1.4 w/o HSM? My fren can get it at about S$400 as a 2nd hand piece. Worth the $$$ since local shops are selling at more than $700 for the new version?

Sigma30mmF14withoutHSM.jpg

I would be very much interested with this one :) Do PM me if he can get one for me. Thanks man.