Anyone remembers Tang Dynasty City in Jurong?

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
What happened to it now?

Is it still in existence?

Thinking of doing a photoshoot in oriental castle like settings.

Back then I remember going there in 1994 to take photos with friends and we we lucky to bump into Hong Kong movie crew shooting a Chinese New Year pugilist comedy. I remembered the funny actress Wu Jun Ru waved and said hi to me during her break time in the middle of a set at the 'castle top'.

Any help is appreciated.

Now become a flat land liao. Dunno what they going to build there though.

Quite sad really.During it's hey day it was an iconic landmark in Jurong with it's long
'great wall' encompassing the whole theme park.The Pagoda overlooking the lake it was just majestic.Did a few wedding shoots there too and now just another piece of vacant land :(

they should have made it into a working village i.e. get people to stay there but must live the olden days way.

Why do you think CS has a "Tangshooters" group? ;)

Haha ya the ground is flat and fence up already.

i went there once in my life only.. so wasted.. mediacorp should take over the place and produuct more nice show for us ma

and you will pay and support the shows everyday?

they can pay to invite oversea host and actor or actress
why cant invest more on local actor or actress or director.. haah

If were to talk about filming local TV can't compete with the big players at Hongkong Taiwan China, in terms of budget, location and talents, where the big three frequently collaborate, just look at the drama series made in the far east nowadays, you know Singapore can't compete. Can only join.

Location alone is a killer, if you remember the old pugilist dramas Singapore made, the 'ancient people' talk like Singaporeans, have Singaporean hairstyles, and the plants and foliage also look south east asian than what it supposed to be - ancient China. Maybe easier and cheaper to show their dramas on local tv than to make our own.

but old tcs drama is well make...