Anyone Remember The Old Funan Centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunfish

Mar 26, 2005
East of Singapore
Anyone remember the old Funan Centre about 20 years ago? :) I remember there was a camera shop on the ground floor, back then I was a poor student, always look at the cameras on display but no money to buy...:sweatsm:

Just out of curiosity, anyone remember the name of this shop? Is it still around some where?

Anyone remember the old Funan Centre about 20 years ago? :) I remember there was a camera shop on the ground floor, back then I was a poor student, always look at the cameras on display but no money to buy...:sweatsm:

Just out of curiosity, anyone remember the name of this shop? Is it still around some where?
if you are refering the location where jollybean/ah yun roti is now, tink its john 3:16 with sam's father.

Yo perly..

Should be John 3:16 la.. They've moved to the fifth storey now..

Thanks:) , yup I think the location was somewhere around the Ya Kun Toast & Jolly Bean area. I remember there was a salesperson(or maybe the boss?) with permed curly hair:bsmilie:

Heh. I remember the old Funan Centre. With dim corners, open-air food centre above, and later Big Rooster (remember that?!) on the ground floor. I found visiting such old shopping centres to be quite an adventure compared to the spanking new ones. :)

Heh. I remember the old Funan Centre. With dim corners, open-air food centre above, and later Big Rooster (remember that?!) on the ground floor. I found visiting such old shopping centres to be quite an adventure compared to the spanking new ones. :)
Well, if u want tat "old shopping centres feel", u can always go to Beauty World...

20 years ago ? I always saw a shop displayed BUSHIDO game demo ... hahaha

wow, 20years ago i was still no where to be found;) :cool:

Well, if u want tat "old shopping centres feel", u can always go to Beauty World...

i still remember the curry fish head back then located top level of the hawker ctr, always crowded and need to wait. dunno if its still there now or not.

20 years ago? I was a small boy then, remember Cubic 99 was at 5th floor and saw Sim Wong Woo in the shop. :D

20 years ago, when u buy a SLR, it would come with a custom-fit leather case, just exactly the same shape as a camera with a lens...

I remember across the road Hill Street hawker centre ground level, there was a pig intestine soup stall, very nice and tasty soup. Anyone knows if it is still somewhere out there?:sweatsm:

i have been there but i can't remember much of it..:(

Dun have 20 years ago la. In the early 90s, its was still the old Funan. I remembered Da Da Records on the 3rd floor with its seperate section for original made in USA boxed CDs.

hmm I only remember ir was quite dim... not very happening like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.