Anyone plan on getting the FZ50? (Those who are still deciding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexlord

Dec 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Hehe, I know that for most of us, what we have currently are good enough for our needs.

But maybe some of us who are planning on upgrading, or planning to get your very first camera?

Share your thoughts :think:

I think it'll be good to get it for the newly into photogrpahy... Im not sure if any of you prosumer using folks would sell, then spend for another prosumer camera...

considering the new Nikon DLSR though ...

yet to be released ... but due in sept this year ...

looking forward to its built-in VR ... and even better if its capable of LIVE-mode ...

Cheers

SoToNgMaN said:
considering the new Nikon DLSR though ...

yet to be released ... but due in sept this year ...

looking forward to its built-in VR ... and even better if its capable of LIVE-mode ...

Cheers

built-in VR and live-mode? where did you saw the info? care to share? :dunno:

That's just a rumour right?

Anyway for me I won't sell my current set lar.. if I do upgrade next time it will probably be the DSLR, and I will still keep my FZ30 :)

Looking at the RRP for the FZ50, its quite pricey still.. 650 US?

how i wish lumix contains a fuji super CCD :heart: after seeing the review of f30... the noise beat most of not all of the prosumer camera, and close to cropped dslr...
:cool:

panasonics US state selling price @ 649.95 for fz50.

i own FZ20 for almost 2 years and felt the need to upgrade with high ISO sensitivity.

i will wait for a review of this FZ50 and Fujifilm F6500/F6000 fd before i can decide which one i will buy. :)

chi_noy2000 said:
i own FZ20 for almost 2 years and felt the need to upgrade with high ISO sensitivity.

i will wait for a review of this FZ50 and Fujifilm F6500/F6000 fd before i can decide which one i will buy. :)

if you think high ISO is a must, den im sry to say please don look at any of the lumix even those announced... :cry: tho there is a improvement compare to older model, but it far lagging behind other brand of camera like fuji/canon

Maybe it will cost more than that, given that the RRP for the FZ50 is going to be higher than the FZ30 when it first came out. :cry:

Hexlord said:
Maybe it will cost more than that, given that the RRP for the FZ50 is going to be higher than the FZ30 when it first came out. :cry:

not v. sure but what i see now is the newer dSLR are priced lower than it sld considering the much better specification like d80 / sony alpha 100

sacy80 said:
hummm. think should save up more to upgrade to dslr.

haha but one thing to take note, using dSLR you will be getting 35-420mm f2.8-3.7 iirc + OIS.
for that combination it gonna cost you a BIGGGG FATTT BOMB. eg Nikon 70-200mm VR (105-300mm) will set you back 2.5k already. :bsmilie:. as for basic setup, i guess to attain that range with moderate quality lens you will have to prepare about 2k for a new set. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.