Anyone owns a CD+DVD burner with LightScribe Technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading my PC to include a CD+DVD burner with LightScribe technology. Not sure which brand is good. Anyone here can provide some tips?

Thanks in advance.

Squid

Jun 10, 2004
I installed a BenQ DW1625 DVD+/-R writer with Lightscribe function. I have yet to try the Lightscribe function. So far, no problem with installation though. Once installed, the pre-existing Windows XP drivers were able to recognize the drive.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Squid said:
I installed a BenQ DW1625 DVD+/-R writer with Lightscribe function. I have yet to try the Lightscribe function. So far, no problem with installation though. Once installed, the pre-existing Windows XP drivers were able to recognize the drive.
Cool! Thanx for the comments. What software does the BenQ comes bundled with? Nero?

Squid

Jun 10, 2004
Virgo said:
What software does the BenQ comes bundled with? Nero?
This drive comes with Nero Express 6 and QSuite, a software meant for BenQ drives only

alan1996

Sep 29, 2005
Singapore, Clementi
The BenQ DW1625 DVD+/-R writer (with Lightscribe) cannot write DVD-R DL (8.5 MB), it can write DVD+R DL. I think there are only 2 brand have Lightscribe and can write both DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL. They are HP and LG. Lightscribe is a HP technology. Go to http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters to go more information on all DVD writer. Get the one that can write all format.
Lightscribe can only be found in CD-R and DVD+R.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Thanx for the info and link alan1996. Seems like LG is a good buy. Anyone care to comment?

alan1996 said:
The BenQ DW1625 DVD+/-R writer (with Lightscribe) cannot write DVD-R DL (8.5 MB), it can write DVD+R DL. I think there are only 2 brand have Lightscribe and can write both DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL. They are HP and LG. Lightscribe is a HP technology. Go to http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters to go more information on all DVD writer. Get the one that can write all format.
Lightscribe can only be found in CD-R and DVD+R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom