Anyone owns a Beyerdynamic DTX20

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycchen

May 10, 2005
Anyone knows where to get Beyerdynamic DTX20 or DTX10 earphones ?
any good to get one ? and what is the price bought ?

Thanks

Sim Lim Sq L3 near escalater got 1 shop sell this stuff can go check. if i m rite they hav AKG, Beyerdynamic, Seinnheiser, etc. i personally dun hav a Beyerdynamic DTX20. so i cant comment.:sweat:

if not go Adelphi check out any shops there from B1 all d way up 2 d top floor. ;)

oh, CK Tang has oni Seinnheiser.:embrass:

Anything Audio, 4th sty Parklane. Give them a call, full range of Beyerdynamic stuff.

Hung Bros, that SLS 3rd lvl store, sells stuff way too expensively if you do not know how to deal with them.

Anything Audio Pte Ltd Category : Audio-Visual Equipment & Supplies
Address : 35 Selegie Rd #04-09 Parklane Shopping Mall Singapore 188307
Telephone : 6336 0080
Fax : 6336 0089

Full range, can even audition on a pro amp to your heart's content. Very nice boss.

Wow I tot no one knows or wants such ulu earphones! Beyer and AKG are known more for their headphones.

Nice and unique design the DTX20. Sound wise, i think AKG's K14P is better. But i have not heard the DTX20, i read reviews. :) I wanna know the price of both too. You might want to consider Sennheiser's MX500.

sORe-EyEz and 2100 thanks for the informations... will go and check it out someday...

actually was going to buy a AKG k12p or K14p at Sim Lim but out-of-stock
Now owns a AKG k66, Sennheiser MX450, Philips SHE785, so hopes to own a Beyerdynamic next. No money to go for those ER4 In-Ear type or those HD600 :sweat:

afbug said:
Wow I tot no one knows or wants such ulu earphones! Beyer and AKG are known more for their headphones.

Nice and unique design the DTX20. Sound wise, i think AKG's K14P is better. But i have not heard the DTX20, i read reviews. :) I wanna know the price of both too. You might want to consider Sennheiser's MX500.

i heard that DTX20 will be more expensive than AKG K14p.
actually was going to get that MX550 the newer version of MX500, but think that volume control is quite useless so bought a MX450 instead. MX 450 so far so good, good voice sound, slightly poor bass.

ycchen said:
i heard that DTX20 will be more expensive than AKG K14p.
actually was going to get that MX550 the newer version of MX500, but think that volume control is quite useless so bought a MX450 instead. MX 450 so far so good, good voice sound, slightly poor bass.

Erm...MX400 got better bass than MX450. If you have the MX450, why want a DTX20 or even a K14P? Bacause of its exotic factor? :D Save and go for a IEM like ER6i, UM1, e2c etc etc at approx US$100. How much is K14P? $50 plus? Use the foam pads to improve bass and trim the treble.

y not go for a Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990?

Thats wat i use when i am in the studio or when i am on the FOH

afbug said:
Erm...MX400 got better bass than MX450. If you have the MX450, why want a DTX20 or even a K14P? Bacause of its exotic factor? :D Save and go for a IEM like ER6i, UM1, e2c etc etc at approx US$100. How much is K14P? $50 plus? Use the foam pads to improve bass and trim the treble.

Haha just want to try out on different brands first. Those E2c, ER4, HD600 might be the next stage when I have enough try out. :sweat:
K14P around $45

markccm said:
y not go for a Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990?

Thats wat i use when i am in the studio or when i am on the FOH

if going for those pro-type headphones, I will need some better sound output system too.
Not much budget at the moment.

ycchen said:
Haha just want to try out on different brands first. Those E2c, ER4, HD600 might be the next stage when I have enough try out. :sweat:
K14P around $45

Yeah i admit that the DTX20 and K12P looks different than others. :bsmilie: Looks exotic but it will not offer much improvement to a MX400/500. I am seduced by the looks of DTX20 too but will buy only if got extra $$.

For higher end headphones, you need to save up for an amp. For most headphones, an iPod etc etc can drive them comfortably. For certain models, an amp might be required to drive the headphones to its full potiential.

Visit this forum when you're ready, if not, its at your own risk. :devil:

2100 said:
Anything Audio, 4th sty Parklane. Give them a call, full range of Beyerdynamic stuff.

Hung Bros, that SLS 3rd lvl store, sells stuff way too expensively if you do not know how to deal with them.

is it oni exclusively Beyerdynamic stuff?

afbug said:
Yeah i admit that the DTX20 and K12P looks different than others. :bsmilie: Looks exotic but it will not offer much improvement to a MX400/500. I am seduced by the looks of DTX20 too but will buy only if got extra $$.

For higher end headphones, you need to save up for an amp. For most headphones, an iPod etc etc can drive them comfortably. For certain models, an amp might be required to drive the headphones to its full potiential.

Visit this forum when you're ready, if not, its at your own risk. :devil:

yap usually you just see people using Sony, Audio Tech, panasonic all those common brands
AKG and beyerdynamic will be unique

thanks for the website..
i handle risk quite well... educated with risk management :bsmilie:

ycchen said:
yap usually you just see people using Sony, Audio Tech, panasonic all those common brands
AKG and beyerdynamic will be unique

thanks for the website..
i handle risk quite well... educated with risk management :bsmilie:

Ok. Enjoy yourself there. :bsmilie: I'm registered there too. You will learn a whole lot, look and listen to music differently. :devil:

sORe-EyEz said:
Sim Lim Sq L3 near escalater got 1 shop sell this stuff can go check. if i m rite they hav AKG, Beyerdynamic, Seinnheiser, etc. i personally dun hav a Beyerdynamic DTX20. so i cant comment.:sweat:

if not go Adelphi check out any shops there from B1 all d way up 2 d top floor. ;)
you are right about that. once you arrive at the 3rd floor with the escalator, there is an audio shop "Hung brothers"...I deal with them alot and they are a friendly bunch, lots of knowledge about headphone and such..

sORe-EyEz said:
is it oni exclusively Beyerdynamic stuff?
Nope, they stock AKG and stuff too.

If anybody is looking at the Senn HD600, remember to try out the Beyer DT880 and 990 first. $400 and $300 only, respectively.
But these needs headphone amps to do their best, though headphone outs from integrated amps are still pretty acceptable.

wonderful, must go even if not buying!! hurhur...:vhappy: :vhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.