Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
yes, at times. for me, his writings.

I loved his blurry pics. Always done very well.
There are people here who think otherwise though, to each his own. But I immensely dislike the immature way in which they express their dislikes.

Ditto.

there was a recent poll which was shut down actually :bsmilie:

it was meant as a goodbye testimonial to one of the most vocal and active contributors here, both a friend and foe to many here.

I miss all those who shamelessly kiss his @ss everytime he posts some crappy pic and tries to explain it as 'art'.. if anyone else had posted that he would be booo'ed out of CS liao :bsmilie:

I miss all those who shamelessly kiss his @ss everytime he posts some crappy pic and tries to explain it as 'art'.. if anyone else had posted that he would be booo'ed out of CS liao :bsmilie:
as far as i understand from the forums, he never saw himself as an 'artist' or what he's producing as 'art'. he regards himself as a student of the arts.

as much as there are people 'kissing his @ss' over his pics, there are just as many people kicking his @ss over his pics. why so worked up over others' comments?

as far as i understand from the forums, he never saw himself as an 'artist' or what he's producing as 'art'. he regards himself as a student of the arts.

as much as there are people 'kissing his @ss' over his pics, there are just as many people kicking his @ss over his pics. why so worked up over others' comments?

I never said I was 'worked up' over the comments.. they were funny as hell to read :bsmilie:

He claimed to be a "student of the arts" and yet when someone criticizes his work he gets super defensive and puts them down, quoting every 'artist' he can think of which his work is emulating... super big ego and a super big chip on his shoulder.. always provides comic relief to read his posts on P&P section :)

good language skills:thumbsup:
good photography skills :thumbsup:

big ego :dunno:

I never said I was 'worked up' over the comments.. they were funny as hell to read :bsmilie:

He claimed to be a "student of the arts" and yet when someone criticizes his work he gets super defensive and puts them down, quoting every 'artist' he can think of which his work is emulating... super big ego and a super big chip on his shoulder.. always provides comic relief to read his posts on P&P section :)

I never did think he's super defensive. It is valid that you argue for the sake of your own vision. If you're going to say 'yes man' to everybody all the time, you're never going to get anywhere.

:bsmilie: ok lor. at least he provided humour for you!

just thought you were worked up, judging from your choice of words.."shamelessly", "kick @ss", "crappy pic", "booo'ed". my apologies! :D

hear, hear, Wisp

:bsmilie: ok lor. at least he provided humour for you!

just thought you were worked up, judging from your choice of words.."shamelessly", "kick @ss", "crappy pic", "booo'ed". my apologies! :D

hear, hear, Wisp

Yes I know, I broke my word lol.

Apology accepted ;)

Standing up for your vision is one thing - not everyone will agree with your 'art' so just say "thank you" and move on. He had a condescending attitude towards everyone who did not agree or see eye to eye with his vision and started name dropping to explain his work based on so and so. Defensive? Definitely.

But its a moot point, since he's gone. :p

Apology accepted ;)

Standing up for your vision is one thing - not everyone will agree with your 'art' so just say "thank you" and move on. He had a condescending attitude towards everyone who did not agree or see eye to eye with his vision and started name dropping to explain his work based on so and so. Defensive? Definitely.

But its a moot point, since he's gone. :p

Well I won't argue with that. You'd have to meet him in real life to see where I'm coming from and know his background. Anyway, doesn't matter he ain't coming back.

He is very good in photography in fact much better than anyone of us here.
But the bad thing is that he offended some of the mods here....

What if I like some of his works but I ain't kissin his @ss and I don't even know who the f he is? :bsmilie:

Ok, better stop commenting on pics here, else I'll be kissing too many @sses liao :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.