Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

legiz

Apr 17, 2006
Reports saying that this is the time where the moon is nearer to the earth , some even concluded that there would be natural calamities everytime a ' Super ' moon occurred.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

Reports saying that this is the time where the moon is nearer to the earth , some even concluded that there would be natural calamities everytime a ' Super ' moon occurred.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:
Yes! Sion will transform into a big fugly werewolf at the strike of 12. :eek:

Super moon, Super bright

ya , it looks like much brighter than usual . Abit glaring too..

no moon as raining.....

I will take a look at it. If it is close enough, I might pluck it off the sky. So before I do that, say your goodbyes to the moon. It may be missing from your skies.

Bro, a full moon rises and set between the hours of sunset and sunrise respectively. :bsmilie:

oh no, my teacher says sun rises when it is dark and moon rises when it is bright............ no wonder my school now still not famous....

It'll be brightest at 2am? Not sure if my sauce is accurate. :bsmilie:

oh no, my teacher says sun rises when it is dark and moon rises when it is bright............ no wonder my school now still not famous....

In reality your teacher is right. The sun rises when it is dark to illuminate the darkness. The moon rises when it is daytime but you can only see it when it is dark.

It has nothing to do with the school. It is the students that did not get it. :)

9V-Orion Images said:
IIRC, that will be around the time when the moon is highest in the sky. ;)

?IIRC?

I took some shots at 9+ but I might have been too late. It usually seems biggest at 6ish/7 (to me that is) :bsmilie:

Anyone got any nice shots from tonight? (or last night?)

?IIRC?

I took some shots at 9+ but I might have been too late. It usually seems biggest at 6ish/7 (to me that is) :bsmilie:

IIRC is an acronym for If I Recall Correctly.

The moon will be seen larger nearer towards the horizon due to an optical illusion and not because it is closer to Earth. Also there will be less atmospheric turbulent disturbance for the light from a celestial object to pass through to the observer if it was higher in the sky thus making it seems clearer too.

;)

?IIRC?

Kindly ignore the accompanying text, cos these photos were meant for my facebook...

This was from last night 18 March 2011

This is from tonite, around 8.45pm i think...

Silas said:
Kindly ignore the accompanying text, cos these photos were meant for my facebook...

This was from last night 18 March 2011
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/img3679yz.jpg/

This is from tonite, around 8.45pm i think...
http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img3711d.jpg/

Very clear shots! :) I think I can see fairies and rabbits jumping around too. :bsmilie:

What's your setup?

The furthest I can go is 300mm. :bsmilie:

9V-Orion Images said:
IIRC is an acronym for If I Recall Correctly.

The moon will be seen larger nearer towards the horizon due to an optical illusion and not because it is closer to Earth. Also there will be less atmospheric turbulent disturbance for the light from a celestial object to pass through to the observer if it was higher in the sky thus making it seems clearer too.

;)

TFTI. :D

Fairies can be seen better without all that smog blurring them out. :bsmilie: I see now. :) :)

Very clear shots! :) I think I can see fairies and rabbits jumping around too. :bsmilie:

What's your setup?

The furthest I can go is 300mm. :bsmilie:

Thanks for your compliment, shot on 50D at 400mm, handheld tahan on the corridor pillar. Aperture priority f 11 if i remember correctly, ISO 100.