anyone likes to fly kite?

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
went to marrina barrage last week, saw many kites. it has been 3yrs since my ikea kite string broke and it flew away. so hand itch, went to get a stunt kite (delta shape) as i have never tried those before. going to barrage later in the morning to fly it. hope it dont rain. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i am not a fan but i have always been asked to go fly a kite.

Only after constantly stepping on somebody's toes. :bsmilie:

The last time I flew an actual kite, it decapitated another guy's head. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
yeah - get a traction kite - far more fun

oh, the parachute type, saw that last week, i thought that one also stunt kite? watch him did a few stunt. think the wind too strong, he kept moving towards the kite.

traction kite is scary, i saw someone flying it in one of the beaches near amsterdam

he told me to take pictures of his kite :bsmilie:

and then jumped and flew forward for a while when the wind blew.

can the person control when and how to decent? or is it totally up to the wind?:sweat::sweat:

is there min weight to kite size requirement?

Last edited:
can the person control when and how to decent? or is it totally up to the wind?:sweat::sweat:

is there min weight to kite size requirement?

Yes - learn about the wind window first and learn to control yr kite there
wind-window.jpg

As for weight - depends on what yr comfortable with. Take it rapidly into the power zone and you'll fly!!! I've been snapped up into the air with a 1.2m width - wind speeds were gusting up to 30m/s YAROOO!!!!

wind in SG is too soft for those plus if DK were to fly it dont think can hold up his weight.

just came back from the barrage. stunt kite is alot more difficult to fly than the normal kite.

went to upper deck where there were already 2 normal kite flying high but was not successful to get it up in the air. than one of the guy brought down his kite, change to another design (quite cute, a bear hanging below a kite) & it went up in no time.

decided to go down lower deck to try my luck & my kite went up!!! for a while only.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

thought it might be easier to fly it if i use the full length of the string, just as it was going up, one of the string broke.

dam sian liao, pack up and go town see see look look walk walk.

question, from the youtube video, it seems easy, the guy just tension the strings abit to have the kite stand up and up it goes. the wind at the barrage was not that strong, my friend had to "throw" it up. does stunt kite requires stronger wind than normal kite?

appreciate if experience stunt kite flyer can help me. thanks.

Last edited:
I am also keen is kite flying. Never did fly one before and looking for night LED kit too.

Anyone know where I find shops selling kits the these nite kits. Any shops along Punggol or Sengkang. Thanks

went to marrina barrage last week, saw many kites. it has been 3yrs since my ikea kite string broke and it flew away. so hand itch, went to get a stunt kite (delta shape) as i have never tried those before. going to barrage later in the morning to fly it. hope it dont rain. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I am also keen is kite flying. Never did fly one before and looking for night LED kit too.

Anyone know where I find shops selling kits the these nite kits. Any shops along Punggol or Sengkang. Thanks

do u mean RC remote kite or normal kite? if normal kite, just go buy some mini light stick last month i see those in fishing shop which is meant to be attached to the float. do simple diy to have it attach to ur kite.