Anyone knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsun

Nov 27, 2005
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Im not sure if anyone has an answer to my question, just trying my luck here.
Right now im working at Jurong Island,so everyday i have to go through the checkpoint to get to my workplace.As you ppl might know,photography is prohibited there.
The problem is,im selling 1 of my lenses and im meeting the buyer after work on wed.This means i have to go through the checkpoint with my lenses and meet the buyer after work.
Do any of you guys know if i'll get into trouble for bring a camera lenses past the checkpoint?and is it safe to put the lenses through the scanner aka something like the 1 at the airport?
THanks

if they ban, ask them about the glasses they are wearing.

if they ban, ask them about the glasses they are wearing.

wat cr*p u saying? :nono:

just talking about security issue, if you bring lenses and tell the security, hey, only lens, i cannot shoot cos no camera.

then another guy bring a camera, without lens, then tell the security the same thing...

isn't the security compromised already?

Well, if you really wanna beat the system... then just be prepared to backfire... what i know is they are very stringent with such things. Best bet is meet the seller on another day.

(the scanner will not kill lenses... most prob not film safe... but high likelihood still film safe)

are you carrying a handphone camera? do they ask you to surrender? If the answer is yes, then you have the answer to your question :)

Check if they have any safe deposit boxes at the checkpoint. Some does have them since they've got many visitors with camera phones entering everyday. Only thing is whether you're comfortable with depositing your precious lens in those lockers.

Jurong Island did not specifically disallow bringing in camera equipment. It only state that photography is not allowed. The security also did not ban handphone camera, but I do know company can register camera for their business usage. So it is quite a grey area there. While there is nothing to stop you from bringing in camera just as long as you don't use it without permission, bringing in a "pro" camera equipment may arouse some suspicion from the checkpoint security.

It would be better for you to deal nearer your home, where you can have time to collect your lens after work. I wouldn't want to try my luck with the security. BTW I work inside Jurong Island too. If you are driving or a fellow passenger in a car, it may be easier as you don't have to put your bag through any x-ray machine.

Hmm you guys are probably right.I don't want to go there and be stuck at the checkpoint trying to explain why im bringing in a lenses
Guess the best way is to arrange another day to deal:)
Thx for for the feedback

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hee hee. it reminds me of my US trip that time when i read the news that a guy got fustrated that he couldn't bring he wine inside the plane. the security kept repeating "strictly no liquids allowed on the plane", and that passenger got fed up, pull down his pants, peed into the plastic bag, and gave it to the security.:bsmilie: in the end, got arrested,...............for indecent exposure.

aiyoh, and you people also huh, me joking only in my first post lah. need me to put a few smilies ah? anyway, you can bring photographic equipment into jurong island, only on one condition: declare your photographic items. last time, i left my photog items in the car while my mum drove into jurong island. got caught and had to turn back. about the declaring procedures, i think those working there should be more familiar.

but i believe most CSers would say it is not worth the hassle.

oh, and if any of you want to take pictures in jurong island, just need to get permission from JTC corp.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.