Anyone knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

absoluthal

Mar 14, 2006
harlem.multiply.com
hi there ppl...
i'm interested in taking pics of trains and railway track....
anyone know where is it possible to access to the track or the trains itself??
thanks a lot...
;)

Access to the track? Meaning? As close as walking along the railway?

hi there ppl...
i'm interested in taking pics of trains and railway track....
anyone know where is it possible to access to the track or the trains itself??
thanks a lot...
;)

Anywhere from Tanjong Pagar to Holland to Bukit Timah to Woodlands.
I am not trying to be funny. The railway and the land beside it belongs to Malaysia, there's no fence at all. You can have access to it anytime and anywhere.

Taking real trains on the track I have not done that casue it might be dangerous. But theres an abandoned KMT Line called KMT Jurong that runs from Bukit Timah to Jurong (Used to) Can find some of the old tracks at Sunset Way in Clementi. At least you've got no train to avoid.

thanks for the replies bros....
will have to plan a way then...
any more infos to share??
thanks again...
;)

Previously i went there with one of my girl-friend at the track at Bukit Timah Station near King Albert Park. We thought it was abandoned until further down the bridge we heard a train coming and quickly jumped to one side as the train quickly whizzes by us in seconds.

Then we went to the railway bridge at Sunset Way which was really abandoned. U've to climb a bit to get up to the bridge and walking over it has only 4 metal strips across the span of the bridge. Those who're afraid of heights be careful.

Here are some pics. The last one shows the track running below a flyover towards Clementi Ave. 6 (Clementi Camp) after the railway bridge and we've to discontinue the shoot due to very thick vegetation and numerous mosquitos.

Picture1-2.jpg

Picture2-2.jpg

Picture3-2.jpg

Picture4-2.jpg

Picture5-2.jpg

thanks for the reply and pics snoweagle....
nice pics btw...
anyway, how do u go abt going to the location??
i've checked at the street directory but still cant find any clues..
;)

Nice place but it seems dangerous.

wow Snoweagle!

your pics sure bring back sweet memories of my kampung in Johor. it's a few metres next to the railway track! the train whizzes by every hour. i'm pretty sure, it's still in use now as i've seen many trains passing by when i visit my relatives there.

but i don't think you'd want to go all the way to Johor, right absoluthal? :think:

wow Snoweagle!

your pics sure bring back sweet memories of my kampung in Johor. it's a few metres next to the railway track! the train whizzes by every hour. i'm pretty sure, it's still in use now as i've seen many trains passing by when i visit my relatives there.

but i don't think you'd want to go all the way to Johor, right absoluthal? :think:

maybe if i've got no choice then i'll need u as a tour guide to johore....
hahaha.....
;)

thanks for the reply and pics snoweagle....
nice pics btw...
anyway, how do u go abt going to the location??
i've checked at the street directory but still cant find any clues..
;)

Thanks bro! I went there via sunset way. When reaching the railway bridge above the road, turn left, walk past a basketball courst and down a small slope. There u'll reach the railway bridge. There's a small slope (seen from pic #1 where i'm standing) leading towards a concrete block at the end of the bridge and just climb on it. Thereu'll reach the bridge platform.

Nice place but it seems dangerous.

Not really dangerous but u've to be very careful while walking on the metal strips cos some have rivets that are loosely bolted due to rusts. Also the tracks itself have gaps that are large enough for u to fall through so do be extra careful.

wow Snoweagle!

But this is different as it's already abandoned.

You can see the bridge at the background.

What you can do is to take the train to Clementi MRT, then walk north-east from the station along Clementi Ave 4 till you reach Sungei Ulu Pandan. Don't go down to the park connector. Walk instead along the blocks towards block 301, 305. And you'll see s slope down to a small bridge across a longkang. There should be a rusty fence visible now. At the gate, you'll have this sign:

This is the way to the bridge. Walk thorugh and you'll find some kampong style dwellings. There might be some people there planting crops eg.tapioca, bananna. If they are there you can ask them the way to the bridge, if not then you'll see the tracks anyway. Find some way through the thick vegetation and you'll end at the bridge.

I suggest that you finish shooting before sunset, cause it will become very dark and hence difficult and dangerous to get out. If you want to really make full use of the time there, take a sunset at sunset way! you can do this by backtracking towards Clementi Ave 4 and find the pesdestrian bridge across the river. You can set up tripod and take sunsets from blk 101 and the open area infront.

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible if the directions are not 100% accurate. I went there in July 2006, and there was HDB upgrading going on, hence they might have done something to make the route I mentioned inaccessible. The bridge I dare not cross so I do not know whats on the other side. As with such abandonded places not really public areas, the thick undergrowth can cause injuries.

Otherwise, is anyone planning an outing there? I don't mind going back again.

PS: Snoweagle, which side did you access the bridge from? The north side of the river or the south side(Which I used)

Snoweagle, thanks. Just though you might have accessed it from the other side when I found no way to. Another method of access would be good. From the your pic 1 I recognise it as blks 305, 301. The same method I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.