Anyone knows what 'excuse uniform' in SAF is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
I was just wondering... I remember this long-lost Army friend who is excused uniform. He has some kind of skin condition which makes wearing Army uniform very uncomfortable. Sort of a rash or something. Anyone heard of this condition before?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a friend's brother who may have this similar condition. Dun know what it is, but the uniform makes him sweat much much more easily and the skin feels irritated. Other than this he is normal. Where should he seek help?

Thanks for any info or useful discussion. :)

Yes, I have heard of this condition - sometimes allergy to dye of the uniform or the material itself.

Heard of:
excuse dust
excuse walking
excuse sunlight

and others too :bsmilie:

melnjes said:
Yes, I have heard of this condition - sometimes allergy to dye of the uniform or the material itself.

Heard of:
excuse dust
excuse walking
excuse sunlight

excuse leg
excuse hand

:bsmilie:

David said:
I was just wondering... I remember this long-lost Army friend who is excused uniform. He has some kind of skin condition which makes wearing Army uniform very uncomfortable. Sort of a rash or something. Anyone heard of this condition before?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a friend's brother who may have this similar condition. Dun know what it is, but the uniform makes him sweat much much more easily and the skin feels irritated. Other than this he is normal. Where should he seek help?

Ask him to report sick and see the MO. Ask for referal to National Skin Centre.

just to add..
there is :
excuse balancing
excuse grass
damn nonsense

melnjes said:

Heard of:
excuse dust
excuse walking
excuse sunlight

excuse walking ? you can't walk, you can crawl..
excuse sunlight ? Train in the night then.
:blah:

Excuse footwear. You see jokers going around in long 4 and slippers.

oh yes. had a colleague who was having a bout of skin problem recently, he was excused sunlight. we were joking that over the weekend, he must NOT be outdoors.... :D

excuse drinking plain water...

cure: drink beer / syruped water..... =X :bsmilie:

u think thats bad, i had a friend who had the following 3 excused:
sweating, cold areas, hot areas.

He is not allowed in air con, not allowed out in the sun and not allowed in stuffy places. Power man!

Excuse uniform usually refers to excused No.4 uniform.

Heard of:
excuse dust
excuse walking
excuse sunlight

and others too
Where I have no comment on excuse walking.... It's no laughing matter to have a condition that warrants an 'excuse sunlight'. It could be anything from a simple skin condition that worsens with exposure to sunlight.... to serious diseases like SLE (a nervous system disorder - NOT the expressway hor!)

Perhaps my ex bmt platoon mate's excuse is the best i seen so far..... excuse standing....lol....he is either lying down or sitting down whole DAY!

soo many excuse, might as well excuse living

So good ah... I only managed an Excuse RMJ (Running marching Jumping) due to a sprained ankle in BMT.

My company used to have a guy which have the most weirdiest excuse

"Excuse oversea trip"

everything we go out of SG, this guy will get fits.. so MO gave him the excuse :bsmilie:

I had one Lt who was allergic to most plants in the jungle. Gives him a really bad reaction. He got excused jungle

David said:

if he's hasnt enlisted yet, do a test. get him a set of uniform and make him wear it for a day. if no reaction breaks out, please see a dermatologist before enlistment. be sure to visit as many dermatologists as possible until you get the particular "letter" you are looking for :thumbsup:

Minimalis said:
Excuse footwear. You see jokers going around in long 4 and slippers.

How about SBO in PT kit? Oh.. that's the excuse uniform! :bsmilie:

my bmt platoon mate got the mother of all excuses...

"excuse as and when neccesary"

anyway, go to the MO and see if can get referred to skin center. If no referral, gotta pay abit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.