anyone knows singapore official photograph organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, she's obviously not a photographer and doesn't know abt photography organisations, so isn't your sarcastic comment a little harsh and unnecessary?

If you dont see the need to help dont post a reply. There are others who are happy to help. I'm not picking on you but at times I really feel you're just offering your neck for others to chop

U are here in Clubsnap and CLUBsnap is a CLUB where most of the photographers here gather:)

philliptan said:
Bro, she's obviously not a photographer and doesn't know abt photography organisations, so isn't your sarcastic comment a little harsh and unnecessary?

First of all, according to the profile, it's a "he". Funny thing, sign up on CS specificially to ask ONE question, why don't anyone ask what's is the intention of that? But actually, it's not necessary nor appropriate, because anyone can ask any question. However, same applies to response. Why is my comments unnecessary, whether "he" is a photographer or not. Actually the brunt of my sarcasm was aimed at the word "official". If you didn't get it, well, I am pointing it out now.

blimmer said:
If you dont see the need to help dont post a reply. There are others who are happy to help. I'm not picking on you but at times I really feel you're just offering your neck for others to chop

Many had tried to chop my neck, some succeeded, but that wass rare. For those rare occasion, I had always reattached my head successfully.

Why do we have to be so serious all the time. I have no problem with anyone helping our OP. Great. But still, don't you think asking for information on the "Official" photography organisation or committee a bit odd? Do we need an official photography organisation? Why did "he" even ask this question? What? We need an official committee to tell us what to shoot and how to shoot?

Well, "Tracy" sure sounds like a woman to me... though what has gender got to do with it? My point is, must you be unnecessary harsh to someone you don't even know? What did she do to you to deserve that?

Your issue is with the need for an "official committee" for photography. She merely asked if there's one and how to contact that organisation. Do you have to shoot her for asking? If this was someone suggesting the need for one, I can see your point. But this is just someone who has simply no idea abt photography and was asking. What's wrong with signing up to ask a question? Many of us signed up to do so when we first started. It's because of ClubSnap's reputation as the premier photography website/forum.

Your posts have mostly been aggressive and provocative even if there is no need to do so. I don't know why you keep posting the way you do. The world continues to revolve without your input on every subject, bro. I don't see why you must respond.

If you feel the need to respond aggressively, go take a breather, come back again, re-read it and if you still feel the need to respond, then go ahead. Most likely you won't. I know you have valid points most of the time, but you're putting it across in the wrong manner and in the wrong situation.

I've said my bit and hope you can read my post in the way it was intended to be.

See you at the CanonGrapher's meeting tomorrow.

Deadpoet said:
But still, don't you think asking for information on the "Official" photography organisation or committee a bit odd?

I don't think asking for information about an official organisation is strange at all - why do you think it is strange?

Deadpoet said:
Do we need an official photography organisation? Why did "he" even ask this question? What? We need an official committee to tell us what to shoot and how to shoot?

This is a ludicrous comment! That's like saying the National Museum tells people how to paint or how to sculpt. This type of organisation is usually about promoting an artform (photography in this case), supporting the community by conducting (photography) courses, exhibitions, etc. Is it necessary? ABSOLUTELY!

And BTW, nothing wrong with sarcasm or joking as long as it is suitable - in this case it wasn't!

cyber_m0nkey said:
And BTW, nothing wrong with sarcasm or joking as long as it is suitable - in this case it wasn't!

I said in response to the OP's question, "anyone knows singapore official photograph organization?, I asked, "Is there such a thing ... ?" What is so wrong to ask this question? and I further ask, "... need of such a thing?" Another valid question.

Ok, it was sarcastic, and it was meant to be, and all for the benefit of the "official" moniker. Anything wrong? Whose tail did I step on?

I did find it odd that someone registered specifically to ask this question.

Now, my beef is that too many people cannot stand anything that is out of line, everything has to be party line all the way, nice to each other, don't hurt anyone's feeling because it is not nice ... that is hypocratical.

pokiemon said:
deadpoet - u actually bothered to check out his/her profile?!?

I found it odd, Tracy registered just to ask a question. I got curious.

philliptan said:

Your posts have mostly been aggressive and provocative even if there is no need to do so. I don't know why you keep posting the way you do. The world continues to revolve without your input on every subject, bro. I don't see why you must respond.

If you feel the need to respond aggressively, go take a breather, come back again, re-read it and if you still feel the need to respond, then go ahead. Most likely you won't. I know you have valid points most of the time, but you're putting it across in the wrong manner and in the wrong situation.

I've said my bit and hope you can read my post in the way it was intended to be.

Absolutely, my post are frequently provocative, and many times, prople will interpret provocative as being agressive. Being provocative and agressive is very different. I don't care if some people misinterpret my intention. I readlly don't care.

I post the way I did is because that is how I feel about a given topic or situation. I don't mince my words, and I don't filter my feelings/thoughts/opinions. My post is to challenge the status quo, to encouragethe readers, to think out of the box a bit.

Either way, I harbor no hard feelings for most, I think you are one of them.

Deadpoet said:
Absolutely, my post are frequently provocative, and many times, prople will interpret provocative as being agressive. Being provocative and agressive is very different. I don't care if some people misinterpret my intention. I readlly don't care.

I post the way I did is because that is how I feel about a given topic or situation. I don't mince my words, and I don't filter my feelings/thoughts/opinions. My post is to challenge the status quo, to encouragethe readers, to think out of the box a bit.

Either way, I harbor no hard feelings for most, I think you are one of them.

Well said brother, we have to appreciate others who only want to
pin point tiny faults even in writing the English language. There
will be those who are just merely shoe shine boys, toilet cleaners
or taxi drivers who just want their voices to be heard. Ah! give
them a chance for the world is ready to hear them.

Salute you for your frankness, have enjoyed all your posts.
Now coming to the thread starter, we have noticed there isn't
any response after that. Usually a new talent who has landed
an employment contract or a casual visitor to Singapore
would asked such a question. We should now wait for his or
her answer.

-----------------------------------
Is there such a thing call cyber fashion writing where it is
a matter of fantasy, cute imagination and thriving for
constant improvement for its practitioners who are
more often than not "untrained"? :)

razor said:
Perhaps the threadstarter got scared away...:eek:

*all i wanted was an answer* :cry:
the threadstarter didn't log in till now after posted the thread...
want to make guess?

#1. not free to log in again?
#2. scared away...
#3. use back the old nick or register another new nick?
#4. ????

catchlights said:
want to make guess?

#2. scared away...
#4. ????

hmm... very provocative opinions, thoughts and suggestions :)

#1. work so busy, social life so busy, no time to shoot ....
#2. scared by whom, can anyone be so whimpy?
#3. hmmm ... :dunno: so cynical :angel:
#4. ???

catchlights said:
want to make guess?

#2. scared away...
#4. ????

#4. limited internet connection...
#5. have already got what he/she needs....

Status
Not open for further replies.