Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
I don't intend to rent the BBQ pits from Nparks because ours is a very small affair (2 people). We intend to buy the disposable BBQ tray from NTUC and just do it on the sand. Is it allowed?

kei1309 said:
why don't you call up NParks to ask them?

Because apparently CS is some form of information hotline for people who can't logically think to contact the correct party.

Because apparently CS is some form of information hotline for people who can't logically think to contact the correct party.

i know that, but i decided not to insult his intelligence. i'm playing nice

:bsmilie:

I don't intend to rent the BBQ pits from Nparks because ours is a very small affair (2 people). We intend to buy the disposable BBQ tray from NTUC and just do it on the sand. Is it allowed?

Just do it.
Go to a secluded spot where there is no one else.
Most of the time people will leave you alone.

If there is some NParks officer who threatens you with a fine, just say this is your birthday or wedding anniversary (if you are a couple). The police won't bother you about the barbecue. This is not their area of interest. They are interested to arrest robbers or rapists or drug addicts.

This is the problem with Singaporeans.
We almost have to ask permission to breathe.

Remember to clean up after you have finished the barbecue. If you leave a mess for others to clean up, then you deserve to be fined.
You should clean up because you want to keep the beach clean for others; and not just because you may be fined if you don't.

Last edited:
Thanks fantastic help!

army 7th core value: do and don't get caught:bsmilie:

saw at least 5 independent little BBQs last weekend along Changi beach near Changi Village

like Ricohflex says , just do it

Make sure to be automatic in putting out the fire , disposing and cleaning up any mess so that NParks gardeners and cleaners dont get into trouble with their supervisors and then forced to start enforcing it

Everyone responsible and automatic so that the authorities dont have to make new regulations to force gracious behavior at our beaches

Same thing with camping on the beaches too ..... thats why you still see so many tents being pitched over the weekends and holidays .... almost everyone swee swee when they break camp and pack up

Last edited:
Black n white is cannot. Do what you want to do and don't complain if you do get caught.

Actually core value #6 does apply in this situation in regards to be a good citizen.

#6 Ethics

Ethics is about knowing what one ought to do when no one is watching - it concerns the moral will to do what is right despite the threats to values-based actions both in peacetime and in war. It involves choosing or deciding from among competing values and principles, what to act upon. In the context of the military, ethical conduct is displayed through one's exemplary behaviours, respect for others, and sense of loyalty and responsibility. It means being honest and accurate in one's dealings with others and not misusing one's position or power against others for selfish gains or personal grudges.

Upholding a high standard of personal conduct should become second nature for every soldier in the SAF, as every individual is a direct projection of the organisation.

Previous thread on this topic: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopitiam/269101-bbq-pit.html

I never knew/noticed this:

Bring-your-own-pit (BYOP) is also available at specific areas in all the above-mentioned parks except Labrador Nature Reserve (Promenade), West Coast Park and Punggol Park. BYOPs are only available during the eve of public holidays, public holidays and school holidays.

Activities

Just do it.
Go to a secluded spot where there is no one else.
Most of the time people will leave you alone.

If there is some NParks officer who threatens you with a fine, just say this is your birthday or wedding anniversary (if you are a couple). The police won't bother you about the barbecue. This is not their area of interest. They are interested to arrest robbers or rapists or drug addicts.

This is the problem with Singaporeans.
We almost have to ask permission to breathe.

Remember to clean up after you have finished the barbecue. If you leave a mess for others to clean up, then you deserve to be fined.
You should clean up because you want to keep the beach clean for others; and not just because you may be fined if you don't.

okayyyyy... then i read this:

Previous thread on this topic: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopitiam/269101-bbq-pit.html

I never knew/noticed this:

Bring-your-own-pit (BYOP) is also available at specific areas in all the above-mentioned parks except Labrador Nature Reserve (Promenade), West Coast Park and Punggol Park. BYOPs are only available during the eve of public holidays, public holidays and school holidays.

so... NParks has a right to get you to stop your activity.

it's about the rules and regulations here in singapore. although NONE of us actually JUST FOLLOW LAW to the T, it's a good thing to know so that you can defend yourself if the need arises.

just telling someone to "go do it and heck care" is irresponsible.

know the law, and know how you can work around it.

Do like what the cave dwellers do:

Hunt feral chickens.

Cut down tree branches and use them to roast the chickens.

No one can blame you for going back to nature.

I'm pretty sure they'll just blame you for cutting down the tree branches, and probably fine you too, hahaha