Anyone knows if those photolab machines can print fr pdf files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie88

Jan 8, 2005
Sengkang
I happen to have only a pdf copy of a image file. Anyone knows if those machines can read/print Adobe pdf files? Quality is not so critical to me.

Thanx in advance :D

I happen to have only a pdf copy of a image file. Anyone knows if those machines can read/print Adobe pdf files? Quality is not so critical to me.

Thanx in advance :D

Nope. PDF files require a reader. Haven't found one that has it pre-installed yet.

Thanks for the reply. Asking bcos noticed they are accessing the images via a normal PC attached to the machine. Thot it may be possible.

Nope. PDF files require a reader. Haven't found one that has it pre-installed yet.

Thanks for the reply. Asking bcos noticed they are accessing the images via a normal PC attached to the machine. Thot it may be possible.

So you're not asking about the kiosks, but the PCs, right? Well, if it's the PCs, you *might* be able to get it done, but you better make sure your PDF file has no border or blank space around the image.

Yes, there have a PC to hood up the machine, but is using the dedicate software to do the correction and feeding, and the software don't support PDF file format.

However, it is still possible to print PDF file via Photoshop, but the results is horrible, and they can't do anything about it.

Actually PDFs can be imported into Photoshop. I suggest you do the conversion first and pass them the PSD files to print. If your PDF was done in native format (e.g. either vectors or fonts) the results can be quite good - you can select the DPI in which the import to PSD can be done. If your PDF is a scan, then well results will be worse.

Oh... I didnt know that. OK, will go explore and thanks for the tips :D

Actually PDFs can be imported into Photoshop. I suggest you do the conversion first and pass them the PSD files to print. If your PDF was done in native format (e.g. either vectors or fonts) the results can be quite good - you can select the DPI in which the import to PSD can be done. If your PDF is a scan, then well results will be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.