anyone knows how to go Kampong Buangkok? please enlighten me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgnesKjaer

Apr 27, 2004
Singapore
hi guys, do u know where n how to get to Kampong Buangkok? which is near sengkang area? if u know where, do u know how to go from bedok? i was given some directions but quite confusing.. here's the given directions:

take bus 88(towards sengkang) from Ang Mo Kio ave 3 and alight at the bus stop after the Yio Chu Kang/Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 junction then walk down Yio Chu Kang Road, into Gerald Drive and you'll see Kampong Buangkok.

so i suppose it's at Gerald Drive? but any idea is there any prominant landmark near it or sth that i can take note of?

please enlighten me a.s.a.p.

your help will be much appreciated!!!

thanks a million!

AgnesKjaer said:
hi guys, do u know where n how to get to Kampong Buangkok? which is near sengkang area? if u know where, do u know how to go from bedok? i was given some directions but quite confusing.. here's the given directions:

take bus 88(towards sengkang) from Ang Mo Kio ave 3 and alight at the bus stop after the Yio Chu Kang/Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 junction then walk down Yio Chu Kang Road, into Gerald Drive and you'll see Kampong Buangkok.

so i suppose it's at Gerald Drive? but any idea is there any prominant landmark near it or sth that i can take note of?

please enlighten me a.s.a.p.

your help will be much appreciated!!!

thanks a million!

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/m...&iconlist=star,32963.2538,40924.9401;&level=5

how did searcf for it? i tried searching there too. my map is the same as the one u found but location is different though..

u know the place? it's a last knoiwn existing kampong in spore... have u been there before?

Gerald Drive? Simple, pretend to be mad and hit the policewomen with your L lens. They'll take you there right away :D

kidding: I thought it is gone already?

hwchoy said:
Gerald Drive? Simple, pretend to be mad and hit the policewomen with your L lens. They'll take you there right away :D

kidding: I thought it is gone already?

gone redi?? tot it's the last one tt is still existing????? i got the directions from my photojpurnalism lecturer so i guess it's still there?

acrylonithrill said:
No worries... There's still Pulau Ubin... Hahaha...

have been there for many times and dun feel the excitement anymore.. :confused:

AgnesKjaer said:
gone redi?? tot it's the last one tt is still existing????? i got the directions from my photojpurnalism lecturer so i guess it's still there?

I thought it went together with the development of Sengkang and the MRT line. However I'm probably mistaken, you go and let us know :D

on the otherhand if you are looking for the kampung ambience, suggest you seriously consider checking out the more ulu parts of Johore.

the kampong is still there. Went there just 2 month ago. But do be careful as there's stray dogs around :sweat:

hey finally i went to visit the kampong. its at gerald drive. hafta walk quite a bit though.. the kampong is kinda like quiet.. think it has lost the real taste of the kampong life.. no farm, no fishing places, no livestock, no plantations, no coconut trees... stray dogs, ya there are but not many actually.. saw 2 black stray puppies.. but of cos, harmless.. an ideal place to shoot spooky pictures! :bsmilie:

AgnesKjaer said:
hey finally i went to visit the kampong. its at gerald drive. hafta walk quite a bit though.. the kampong is kinda like quiet.. think it has lost the real taste of the kampong life.. no farm, no fishing places, no livestock, no plantations, no coconut trees... stray dogs, ya there are but not many actually.. saw 2 black stray puppies.. but of cos, harmless.. an ideal place to shoot spooky pictures! :bsmilie:

any pictures to share?

not yet.. jus went yesterday. no time to dev the film yet.. i;m using film so might take some time... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.