Anyone Knows how to Flash a TDK 1612 to Region Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi guys,

just bought a TDK DVD RW 1612 from SITEX yesterday.

but though i have been reading around abt how to flash it. i m not too sure if i did correctly.

I used the LTNRPC program as well as anyDVD,

after that i did nero infotool, but it says that my region control seems to be RPC 1

is my system region free yet?

thanks if any gurus canhelp

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
I had your prob. mine is an earlier version of TDK0404 only.. i got dvd region free. it was the only thing i found that can make it region free. TDK doesn't really suck, until now no firmware to flash our drives to region free.

try http://www.soft32.com/download_4955.html , need to pay to get real deal though, PM me if you need help.

cheers and happy dvd burning!

** forever!

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
there is region free ones... just search googles...

anyway, to flash the region free ones, you can't use the method like what tdk provides, the windows flashing, for those region free ones, you need to have MS-DOS, not the emulated dos mode in Winxp, those can't work, you need a real dos boot. then do the flash.

RonTheMan

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
You did the right thing. Congradulations, your drive is now region free. Do you have any problems with your drive? Understand that there are a number of people facing problems with this particular drive. Hopefully yours is alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom