Anyone knows how did this photographer achieve such old school effect?

Fatfish

May 25, 2010
(extract from Facebook page of Lightedpixels Photography www.lightedpixels.com)
- more of his works on his FB

is it done by Camera Settings or PS? or any accessories?

this photo not by me, so please do not comment on it.

Last edited:
Look at the bottles, there are reflections of a nearby window. Very old school to use available light :)

(extract from Facebook page of Lightedpixels Photography www.lightedpixels.com)
- more of his works on his FB

is it done by Camera Settings or PS? or any accessories?

this photo not by me, so please do not comment on it.

U can ask him, he is a senior member of this forum his nick is - iamasaint

Last edited:
cross processing for the colours.

maybe further work in curves to achieve a washed out effect.

cross process + double tone

try emerald setting on your canon picture style..

have some courtesy and seek the permission of the owner of the pic before you post it?

images have been removed.

have some courtesy and seek the permission of the owner of the pic before you post it?

images have been removed.

thats why i made a quote that reference to his work and not claim as my own, just like when you quote someone's speech.
anyway his pic was already made public in FB.

and after this posting, now then i know his nick.

anyway i just wanna know if the effect is achieved by camera settings or by post-processing? cos i really love that look and it'll be good if the master can reply to this post. as this IS the site where all photographers will be.

if anyone else know how to achieve that "old school" or "washed out look", please continue the thread. i will still check back. thanks.

if anyone else know how to achieve that "old school" or "washed out look", please continue the thread. i will still check back. thanks.

You've already received several answers. What more do you need?

You've already received several answers. What more do you need?

oohhh :bsmilie: ..... just hoping to see if there's other ways to achieve this other than post-processing.

not sure about it. but i wonder if there's anything to do before the post-processing part, like setting a certain WB, color temperature or something.

i am still in my baby years:angel: in photography.
i will still try the above advises.

just wondering if there's more to it, like some kind of settings or way to take them before going to post-processing. and what is cross process / double tone.....

i don't know them personnaly but i do admire their work, hoping one day's i'll be as good.

for their colors, its done mostly in post processing. photoshop or something similar.

im guess using color balances, color filters, selective coloring and painting, contrast adjustment, and sharpening (alot of it skillfully applied)

Their printed albums are very well designed too. simple and great use of colors. more elegant than the shiny and sparkly albums i've seen so far.